PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing anxiety problem

happyone
27-03-09, 22:16
I am in a heightened anxious state the last while. Having an awful lot of panics.:weep:

I have picked up quite a bit of info re panic in the last few years from here, CBT, psychotherapy, anxiety management training and now know a fair bit about anxiety and its physical reactions and stuff.:blush:

However, this by no means means that I am cured! I just know a lot of the theory! I still get huge anx probs at times, like recently for example.:mad:

I get an embarrassing need to go to the loo (yes....go go....not wee!) when anxious which is normally worked around...eg I go before any event. However, this problem is getting huge and problematic. I know this is because my digestion is stopped and my body needs to become lighter in order to fight or take flight.....BUT knowing it doesn't make it any easier!:mad:

I am really struggling with lifes events and I really cannot stand the anxiety any longer and just want to reach for my diazepam to make the physical reactions less. I am needing to go use the bathroom with urgency just so many times a day I am even more anxious about leaving the house! Twice today I had to return as the anxiety was growing and I was fearful the 'need' would arise! It is a viscious circle. Any ideas other than reaching for the diazepams?

I am going to speak to my psychiatrist about it on monday but it is not my regular doc, it is a junior and I don't rate him much. I am also afraid I will not be given more diazepam as he is worried I get addicted.

Happyone
x

honeybee3939
27-03-09, 22:43
Hi Happy

I have been very simliar problems since just before christmas so i know how you feel:hugs: . I no exactly what you mean about leaving the house incase of urgency. I actually went to see my GP last week about this and she wants to do some tests. She thinks it could be Irratable bowel syndrome brought on by stress but isnt sure till the tests are done. Ive found it so embarressing at times and like you have put off going to certain places especcally if i know theres no loo around!.
My GP suggested i eat light meals (little and often) through the day and also i have stopped eatting oats (which i had every morning for breakfast) and to be honest the last few days i have felt much better and not needed to run to the loo at all!:)

My thread may not be much help Happy but just wanted you to know your not alone hun ! Hope you feel better soon !
:hugs: :hugs:
Love
Andrea
xxxx

Nicola_lou
27-03-09, 23:57
Hia hun how you doing? I think its ibs I have it, very uncomfortable cause it can
Happen both ways. You can buy tablets from the herbal shop for it and drinks.
And when you go to see ur doc they will give you tablets for it to so its more controlled.
Also hun would be a good time to start keeping a diary of what you eat cause certain
Foods will make it worse and it might be something your eating or drinkin even if
You have been fine before.

Stay POSITIVE hun cause this can be controlled andf you don't have to feel trapped.

happyone
28-03-09, 18:47
Thanks,
I have been bothered by IBS before in a time of high anxiety. I was given Fibogel which I have now anyway. I also had anti spasmodics so maybe I need them again.
All I need right now is an ever growing social anxiety to top it all eh?
Happyone
xx

amandaj
28-03-09, 19:37
hi does sound like ibs but best to make sure i cant eat without going atm its a pain in bum litterraly hope you feel better soon

amanda

reallyfedup
28-03-09, 20:19
oh yes! I have had fibogel and buscopan. I rub on sudocrem for the afterburn-that stuff is fab!

Piglet
31-03-09, 20:48
I had this for about 3/4 months a few years ago and know exactly how disruptive it can be. :blush:

I had an Avon round at the time and kept having to sit on walls when I was out delivering in the hope that no poo would come out (it never did thank goodness) and I honestly thought I had something seriously wrong.

This made me behave even more weirdly than I do normally when I'm out - if I wasn't rushing home because of the agoraphobia I was now rushing home to get to the loo. Oh it was all quite hidious to a sensitive creature such as myself - after all I gag when I see dog dirt. Infact I thought if I did lose control of my rear end then I would simply blame a dog for it anyway.

To cut a long story short and a poo sample sent to the hosp for testing, it all slowly calmed down and stopped happening. I do still get a nervy bottom now and again but nothing like that episode thank goodness.

Moral of the story - it will soon pass if not overly foccused on and in the meantime get a dog.

Love Piglet :flowers:

finny12000
31-03-09, 20:59
im same and still get it when out and about
i work outside and im the (butt)of jokes for carrying a loo roll around with me
and ive a confession here a few weeks ago i needed and off i went into the woods with the boys all laughing ...i hid behind a tree and knew no one could see me from houses and thought i was safe until the edinburgh train came roaring by and yep they all seen me on train so what could i do but gave a red faced wave ...phew ...settled down last few weeks thank god

Lou17
01-04-09, 23:46
Ive suffered with toilet side affects from my panic for about 8 years now, dont allow yourself to become housebound like I did just to avoid the situation, it will only add more problems and pressure. Im not sure weather it will be Ibs, my doctor claimed I had it but I just think its the only thing they can come up with to explain it. Its just the fight or flight sensations, once the panic is under control then the desparate need for the loo will be, therefore its not physical i.e. ibs! I hope things get better for you! xxx