PDA

View Full Version : feels like im dying help. . . Cant breath

cheskia
28-03-09, 07:09
O please help, i feels like im going to die im so frightened i have had a really chesty cough for about a week now but just now waking up it feels as if there is something stuck in my chest it wont let me breath properly, and there is a itch in my throught that keeps making me cough really badly, i keep coughing up this awful mucus stuff and every time i cough its messing up my breathing. I just feel weird and not normal im so scared my boyfriend has gone to work, what if something happens to me know one will know. . .i am alone and frightened

mom1982
28-03-09, 07:17
hi these are symptoms of a chest cold. if you're coughing up phlegm, it means you have a cold or chest infection & its very normal to find it difficult to breathe cause all the phlegm is stuck there so its more difficult & sometimes your nose is blocked too making it harder. and now that you're panicking, you'll feel even more difficult breathing cause that's what happens when you panic & get scared. Don't worry this is normal. Drink lots of warm water & take your panadols & cough syrup. Hot lemon tea with honey is great.

Vanilla Sky
28-03-09, 09:36
Yes, it sounds like a chest infection , you really should go and see your doctor , you might need a course of antibiotics. I know you feel bad , but your body is just trying to fight it of. As mom said , drink fluids and the lemon tea with honey will soothe your throat, get well soon x