PDA

View Full Version : Lower Back Pain - getting worried

deb141
28-03-09, 08:06
I am 34 years old and had my first baby in December 08. I had a difficult birth and had an epidural as the pain was too much, most of the labour pain was in my back.
Since the birth i have constantly worried about my health, i had a post partum heamorrage a week after the birth and i think that is what has started the anxiety. I used to suffer with panic attacks a couple of years ago but i recovered with the help of meds.
Anyway since the birth i have back pain which seems to be in the area where i had the epidural. Sometimes when i bend over and get back up it feels like something is being pulled apart. I told the doctor a few weeks ago and he says its quite common after birth, however i have also been getting a little pain in the tops of my legs (thighs). If i lie on one leg too long the top goes numb (after about twenty mins) say if i am reading in bed.
I have just started venlafaxine two weeks ago, so know that they are not fully working yet.
I am driving myself mad with worry and the what ifs and i feel selfish for constantly looking into myself thinking its more than it is, this also keeps the anxiety levels high.

Any advice or reassurance.

Thanks

kellie
28-03-09, 09:32
Hiya Deb
My mom was given an epidural just over a year ago for an op involving her lady parts
She has been suffering the same as you ever since
Lower back pain that never seems to realy go
Pain in the tops of her legs and numbness.
App this is all related to the epidural
My sister also had an ep for the birth of her second child and complained for a long while of lower back pain.
Hope you feel better soon.