PDA

View Full Version : Diagnosis

andrewjdavid2005
04-08-05, 23:28
I'm still not 100% sure what is actually wrong with me!

Last year i suddenyl felt weird my breathing was fine but i felt dizzy, light-headed, faint and fear like i was going to die and from that day on i felt like i had no energy constantly and i felt terrible.

I went to the doctors and had 2 blood tests done within 2 months and everything was fine also had acouple of urine and stool samples and an ECG but everything was normal.

So they put me on cipralex they never said you have stress, anxiety, panic or depression or anything like that and i feel the same which makes me wonder whether i have something else wrong with me and nor anxiety, stress, panic or depression.

When i had a panic attack i had these symptoms:-
Dizzy, Faint, Lightheaded, Fear of dying, Felt like i was on another planet, but i never had very fast breathing so was these episodes a panic attack?

Now every single day for 24 hours a day i feel weak, tired, feel like i am short of breath all the time, people say i dont look out of breath but i feel it inside, i feel like im choking 24/7 like someone has their hands round my throat and is suffocating me.
I dont feel the same as i used to at all.
I dont have the energy or the motivation to do things i fear of dying everyday and fear i have something bad wrong with me everyday because these symptoms never go away and everything i try doesnt work for me.

Would appreciate some advice please.

LisaS
05-08-05, 08:05
hi Andrew,

as you have had blood tests and an ecg you can at least rest assured there is nothing seriously wrong.

I also have never been told what is exactly wrong with me but after all my research I know. And you too, I'm afraid it sounds like classic anxiety. I know it feels like it should be something that sounds more dramatic but acute anxiety gives you all these symptoms.. I can safely say I had panic attacks which led to acute anxiety which led to giving me some depressive symptoms. This does not mean you are clinically depressed but that you have some of the symptoms which is highly likely after dealing with anxiety so long.
Once you accept this andrew, you are on the road to recovery and you begin to understand everything that is happening to you is due to heightened anxiety levels.. once you accept this, your symptoms will not scare you anymore, and once you lose the fear. Well. You will be a very happy man!
It is a long process and hard one, but with determination and support - you will certainly get there.
accept accept accept!!
take care hun,
Lisa
xxx
p.s. I recommend you reading claire weekes books, she explains it far better than I!

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

seh1980
05-08-05, 10:10
It really is just anxiety Andrew. It's hard to believe that anxiety can cause so many symptoms but really it can!! All your test results are normal so you have nothing to worry about..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

nomorepanic
05-08-05, 10:24
Andrew

Has the doctor referred you for any kind of CBT? I think it could really help.

I will also be putting Meg's new Health Anxiety page on the site later today so it may be worth reading that as it is great!

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"