PDA

View Full Version : breast lump - freaking out

pb
28-03-09, 13:11
found lump in breast , gp thinks its a cyst , have hopsital aptment on 9th april , but really freaking out.

randomworry
28-03-09, 16:25
hi pb dont freak out too much, try and do things to take your mind of it. remember the gp thinks its a cyst so it probably is as they see them all of the time.

all the best

PixieL
28-03-09, 17:35
Hi pb, i know it must be very hard for you but try not to worry hon, 9 times out of 10 it is nothing to worry about, as your dr said its most likely a cyst, or it could just be something else just as harmless. my friend found a lump once and it turned out to be a blocked gland. good luck to you. xxx

amandaj
28-03-09, 19:35
hi i know its a worry ,only last night in night i felt something weird, but my breasts have been hurting for about a month now ,and im sure im feeling fatty tissue , but at night when bra comes off oh my god the pain i get in both best to get checked though im going to this week take care amanda

RibbonBows
28-03-09, 19:45
Try not to worry, as long as you already have the appointment there's nothing more you can do about it.
I had exactly the same thing and I made the appointment the next day, doctor said it didn't feel like a worrying lump but that she would refer me to the breast clinic just to make sure. I had an ultrasound within about 4 weeks and found out it was a fibroadenoma the same day. I was given the option of having it removed for ease of anxiety, which I took.
It WAS scary at the time, but the whole process is very efficient and reassuring.

valleybear
30-03-09, 15:35
I have had 3 breast cysts and each time my doctor assured me that they were benign and they were...two I had aspirated and the other went away on it's own..so please don't worry , sure you will be OK. XX

Jan63
31-03-09, 19:54
Please try not to worry too much I think if your doctor thinks its a cyst then it will most likely be.:hugs: I found a lump in my left breast in early December and the doctor said it was a good sign that it was very moveable. I had to see another doctor about something else and she checked and said she thought it was a cyst. She said she would have to refer me to the breast clinic because all lumps that don't disappear have to be investigated. She said I could wait till after Christmas if I wanted which I did - although I did worry most of Christmas.:blush: I went back to see her after Christmas and the lump was still there so she said she would book me in at the hospital. This was on Friday evening - Monday morning I got a phone call from the clinic with my appointment for the Monday after which totally freaked me out because it was so quick.:ohmy: I went to the breast clinic and saw the consultant first and she was lovely and made me feel at ease. I had a mammogram and then had to wait on the corridor for a bit and was then called in for a 2nd mammogram which I knew then there must be something wrong. I had to go back and wait for about another 1/2 hour and then had an Ultrasound and the doctor doing the ultrasound said that everything looked fine and I didn't have anything to worry about. I had to wait to see the consultant for the results and she confirmed it was a cyst but the other breast had an enlarged lymp node and told me not to worry because it wasn't cancer and wouldn't turn into cancer. She drained my cyst there and then and it was all over. I was there about 3 1/2 hrs but I had the results before I went home which was wonderful I thought.:)

I'm sure you will be okay so try not to worry, although I know how hard that will be.:hugs:

pb
02-04-09, 18:26
Thank you for your replies - have been feelinf abit better, but now my cousin is really freaking me out (she has had breast cancer) - she said yesterday that i was in a high risk group 45 with no kids and that the drs cant really tell
what a lump is. my clinic aptment is next thursday and she wants to come with me!!!
Feel soooo scared...

mtbc
02-04-09, 18:51
Hi PB
Does the lump feel as though you can move it?