PDA

View Full Version : Hello

jojo0283
28-03-09, 13:57
Hi, my name is Jo.
A couple of very good friends pointed me in this sites direction. I've been having a good read and its amazing how many people have the same thought process as me!
I'm off work at the minute.I've suffered from mild anxiety for some time, but I always seemed to manage quite well. About 6 weeks ago I had my first panic attack in years and it has scared me! I was at work and luckily my manager was there. I had a couple of weeks off and teh doc gave me some beta blockers and diazapam to calm me down. Worse thing is that when i got back to work I felt like i was going mad!Just so dizzy and having issues with food.
I work with the public and because of this they've signed me off for 2 weeks because they are worried i'm in no state to be there and i'll put others at risk! which I understand but it makes me feel pathetic!
It wouldn't be so bad but making myslf go in was forcing me to face my fears, I was trying to be strong and not run away like i have done in the past. Now i'm so scared that I won't be able to go back because its been made into such an issue, I just want to be normal!
Anywya, sorry for that rambling introduction. I apologise for any spelling mistakes too!
I can't believe so many people have the same sorts of health issue panics as me, this has opened up a new world for me!
Thanks

Southern_Belle
28-03-09, 18:35
Hi Jo,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will be able to relate how you are feeling and will give their support.

Take care,

Laura

sunshine-lady
28-03-09, 21:37
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

jojo0283
29-03-09, 12:02
Thank you for the warm welcome, it means a lot!
I have a feeling this site is going to be a real life line for me!
x

sharona
29-03-09, 12:43
Hi Jo

I am new to this site as well and like you always had mild anxiety, then I had a panic attatck at work, very scary and yes feel pathetic. I have been off for 2 weeks and intend to go back tomoz. I am on meds which do help, are you on anything?

I have to go back and face my fears and just try to get on with it, hard I know!

I hope you feel better soon. This site has saved me, it is great and you meet some lovely people. They are so helpful.Keep in touch and let me know how you are.

Sharon x

kittykat
29-03-09, 13:54
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support here, the chatroom is also very good , take care xx

Patty
29-03-09, 15:16
Hi Jo, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

jojo0283
30-03-09, 16:39
Hi Sharon,
How are you feeling? Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I'm not great at this computer stuff!
how did you get on at work? Hope your day went smoothly.
I'm not on any medication at the min, but I have been in the past. My doc is trying NLP therapy with me but I'm considering going back on meds. Don't know if I'll be able to sort myself out if not!
Thinking of you,
Jo
x

sharona
30-03-09, 18:18
Hi Jo

Thanks for your reply, I went to work which went O.K but I was really tired but I think thats due to the meds. How did you get on?

Sharon xxx

lorac
30-03-09, 18:34
Hi Jo

Welcome to the site I think you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

jojo0283
03-04-09, 11:37
Hey Sharon,
Really chuffed work went ok. :D Especially if your meds are giving you some side effects.
I've spoken to my boss and talked through my 'situation'! Shes being really cool so hopefully all will get sorted sooner rather than later (time seems to go so slowly!)! Its all scary stuff but I have to face my fears!
Main thing now is to try and sort my head out when it some to anxiety about my health!
Take care :flowers:
Jo
xxx