PDA

View Full Version : Lump in neck and other symptoms

Sarahlouz
28-03-09, 16:37
Now firstly I recognise I have health anxiety but can't seem to stop it. My latest worry started a couple of week ago. I had a headache and neckache for about 6 days on and off. At the same time I noticed a pea sized lump on my neck at the left side/back. I have still got neck pain which sometimes feels kind of heavy and spread into my ear and throat. The whole area around my neck is still tender espially when pressing . The lump seems to go down slightly sometimes and then get slightly bigger but won't disappear. As I have no other signs of infection then I don't think it can be that it is a lymph nodes swollen due to fighting infection so have convinced myself it is hodgkins lymphoma. I also now have a lump in my groin (very top of leg near crease where it joins) this one is painful esp when prodded and makes my leg hurt at times.

I must add that I am suffering from bad stress at hte moment due to a work situation. Has any one else had a lump and stiff painful tender neck??

amandaj
28-03-09, 17:04
hi if its any consolation , ive had a ump in my neck for about 8 years now its a cyst it can make your neck ache , but anxiety , stress can also give you neck ache, mine also gets bigger more stressed i am have you been to dr about it ?

amandaj
28-03-09, 17:05
sorry lump i cant spell today

Sarahlouz
28-03-09, 17:24
nope haven't been to the docs yet. I think I am going to go this week. I've read if it is enlarged for more than 2 weeks it can be a bad sign. Monday will be a fortnight since I first noticed it!

amandaj
28-03-09, 19:09
ive had mine 8 years now it doesnt always mean bad sign does it move about?

marius
29-03-09, 13:02
I' ve had lumps in my neck since 1990. This means 19 yrs now. :)

Sarahlouz
30-03-09, 22:56
I am worse than ever tonight but then I have my formal hearing at work tomorrow whcih made all this flare up in the first place. The lump is still in my neck. Some times it almost disappears completely and then comes back, why. If it was just neck ache I would think it was just tension but I don't know why the lump is there. My groin is still aching as well and feels really lumpy and I've even starting to think my left armpit is aching.

If it was cancer would it ache?