PDA

View Full Version : Ladies please!

Gryphoenix
28-03-09, 21:01
I've had a pretty rough period with lots of hormonal stuff going on it seems, real bad cramps and I've been very, very moody, but I notice that whenever I seem to get the cramps and feel poorly I get kind of this low blood sugary dizzy weak lightheaded fainty feeling. Once I eat something I feel so much better, but I just think it's weird. I used to be more like this when I was younger but my periods have been a bit more gentle as of late and this one that hit me so hard reminds me of the old ones I used to have. When I don't feel crampy and bad I don't feel too sickish. After a bout (or battle!) of cramps I feel like I just come out of it weak and shakey. When I'm not on my period I can go without eating a snack between meals and not feel too low. Now it's like two hours on the dot after I eat a meal I better get a snack OR ELSE.

Does anyone else get this weird low blood sugary feeling with their period? I detest it cause I can't concentrate cause I get panicky with the swirls of dizziness. I don't know if it's the chicken or the egg--feeling panicky uses up blood sugars, or the low feeling makes me feel panicky!

countrygirl
28-03-09, 22:51
when I was a teenager ( I am now 47 yrs old and going through the menopause!) I used to get very faint and dizzy and low blood sugar on the first two days of my period so bad I couldn't go to school on those days.
I was pregnant at 19 and all through the pregnancy I couldn't stand up for long or I would faint and that was hormonal.
I was then okay till my mid 30's when the wobbliness on first two days of period came back and was told by gyny that it was hormonal. Now I can go a long time between periods but can still be a bit iffy.
So hormones really do affect your blood sugar or just make you faint!