PDA

View Full Version : Stomach Bug or Brain Tumour ??????

always scared
29-03-09, 09:13
My 4 yr old daughter seemed to have got a stomach bug last Sunday. She's been throwing up on and off and not eating well.
She also has diarrhea . Everyone in the family has also had this stomach bug.
NOW here's my big worry. Everyone in the family has all gotten better excepted my daughter. I am now starting to totally freak out.
It is now Sunday morning . She has had this for a week now!!!!!!

It seems to come and go. She seemed better by Wednesday and we all thought she got through it. But Wed. night she throw up again http://www.anxietyzone.com/Smileys/default/sad.gif
It is now in the middle of the night on Sat/Sun morning and she just throw up again . What the heck. Shouldn't she be feeling better by now. OMG
What the heck is going on??????????????? I'm getting so scared now.
I'm thinking the worst.
NIGHT TIME VOMITING = BRAIN TUMOR:scared15: :scared15: :scared15:

sharona
29-03-09, 09:17
Hi

I would ring NHS direct and ask for advice.

Sharon

always scared
29-03-09, 09:19
WHY????????

You think she has a brain tumour ????????????

I don't know what NHS is. I live in Canada

Trixie
29-03-09, 09:35
Children can be up one minute and down the next but as she is still vomiting perhaps you should still see the doctor in case she is dehydrated.

Please stop thinking about brain tumours. You all had a tummy bug she is probably still suffering from it.

Trixie
29-03-09, 09:39
My 4 yr old daughter seemed to have got a stomach bug last Sunday. She's been throwing up on and off and not eating well.
She also has diarrhea . Everyone in the family has also had this stomach bug.
NOW here's my big worry. Everyone in the family has all gotten better excepted my daughter. I am now starting to totally freak out.
It is now Sunday morning . She has had this for a week now!!!!!!

It seems to come and go. She seemed better by Wednesday and we all thought she got through it. But Wed. night she throw up again http://www.anxietyzone.com/Smileys/default/sad.gif
It is now in the middle of the night on Sat/Sun morning and she just throw up again . What the heck. Shouldn't she be feeling better by now. OMG
What the heck is going on??????????????? I'm getting so scared now.
I'm thinking the worst.
NIGHT TIME VOMITING = BRAIN TUMOR:scared15: :scared15: :scared15:

According to Google vomiting at night can be the cause of many, many things.You must have searched really hard to find brain tumour.

Tummy bugs can go on for a long time.

Trixie
29-03-09, 09:40
WHY????????

You think she has a brain tumour ????????????

I don't know what NHS is. I live in Canada

National Health Service in the UK.

In other words your doctor and not because she has a brain tumour but just to stop the vomiting.

marie.s
29-03-09, 09:43
if you are really concerned..take your child to your local accident emergency unit..or call out your doctor..your child will still have the bug and be dehydrated..PLEASE STOP PANICKING she hasnt got a brain tumour..go seek help to put your mind at ease..

always scared
30-03-09, 02:12
Thanks guys for all your reassurance :)

I'm still worried. She's been fine all day today. No vomiting or diarrhea but she was like this yesterday too. She only seems to vomit at night
which is why I'm so scared

:(

Trixie
30-03-09, 06:44
Thanks guys for all your reassurance :)

I'm still worried. She's been fine all day today. No vomiting or diarrhea but she was like this yesterday too. She only seems to vomit at night
which is why I'm so scared

:(

We all feel worse at night time.

Well if she has diarrhoea as well as vomiting she is still suffering from the bug, so why would you think it was a brain tumour?

bex1970
30-03-09, 13:51
Thinking rationally - how old are your other children? Younger children take longer to get over things.... The fact that you have all had the bug is a good sign.... she's just taking longer to clear it up. My son had a horrid bug a couple of years ago - he would seem fine one day, then vomit the next night. It went on for a couple of weeks.

Out of interest... do you give her milk at night or anything? If you do, stop it for a couple of days - milk is not good for tummy bugs and can exacerbate them. In fact, stop all dairy for a couple of days - buy some kids probiotics and put them in her juice.... it worked wonders for my son. Make sure she's drinking lots of fluids too (not milk....!) to keep her hydrated. Do you have something called Dioralyte in Canada? It's rehydration salts - ask your pharmacist for something similar - just to keep her hydrated. Also, when she's drinking her fluids, make sure she doesn't gulp them back, tell her to drink slowly... as if you are dehydrated, drinking quickly can cause a vomiting reflex....

Kids are really prone to tummy bugs and some last longer than others.... it is NOT a brain tumour....

rainbow
30-03-09, 14:23
Hi exactly the same thing happened to my grandson last year, and like you my daughter was a little concerned about a brain tumour, mainly because he seemed a little off balance. He had been sick overnight one night and picked up through the day, eating and playing normally and then being sick again at night. This went on for a week and my daughter took him to the doctors twice in that time only to be told that it was just a bug, and it was, he started to pick up after a week. Also i mentioned to her about not giving him his usual bottle of milk before bed and when she stopped doing that things improved.

I totally understand how you are feeling, i have HA too and it really flares up when any of my kids are unwell and i always imagine the worst possible thing. I hope things improve soon.