PDA

View Full Version : Breast lump , still so scared

pb
29-03-09, 13:37
Found breast lump - gp thinks its a cyst, but now so worried because have got aptment within 2 weeks and think they must be concerned.
Also worried that gp is not telling me the truth because she knows i panic - she said she was not concerned , so why have i got such a quick aptment.
Sorry to go on....

finny12000
29-03-09, 13:59
im no expert in this matter pb but i would imagine when its anything like
a breast they fast track you so look on it as getting dealt with quickly and cysts are very common there i believe.
trust gp and try not to worry to muchx

faith
29-03-09, 14:08
this is standard procedure, your GP would not know at this point if it is cancer. The Doctors can only be sure of this with a biopsy, well, that is what happened to me and I di have cancer but that was six years ago and I am fine please try not to worry there are many benign lumps also. Take it one step at a time you do not have bad news at the moment, I did it this way I hope I have helped a little

MoodyBlue
29-03-09, 17:12
In my experience, friends with cysts in all sorts of places have been seen to very quickly, it does not mean that it is something serious, it usually means it's quite a simple procedure that can be seen to as an outpatient, hence the relatively quick turnaround.

Further more, doctors will not tell you it is something less serious just because you are an anxious person, they are there to be honest with you, that's their job! I believe that cysts do feel different to other lumps, something to do with movement etc, and that's why she probably thinks it's a cyst, but try to find encouragement in that it will be sorted in a relatively short period of time (although I know 2 weeks can be a long time when you're feeling anxious about a situation).

This website is here to support people and give reassurance, but I feel sometimes it can do the complete opposite. We can't give you the answers to your health concerns, but we can be here for you without sharing scare stories.

I'm reading a really good self-help book at the moment called 'Managing your mind'. It says when you're feeling anxious about a situation and naturally think of the worst case scenario, try to look at the other possible outcomes too! I think this would be good for you right now. It's only natural to consider what if it's something worse than they think, but try not to concentrate on that only. Also consider that this could be a completely harmless cyst. Hope this helps, let us know how you get on! xx

tashbarnes87
29-03-09, 17:19
omg!! i am in exactly the same position i found a marble sized lump in my left breast it moves when pushed but i was actually sick when i found it. Went to the doc who thought it was a cyst & told me to come back in 2 weeks which i did again she said it felt like a cyst and to see her in a month my appointmemnt is next tuesday i have been worried sick to and i keep touching it, squeezing and prodding it and thinking the worst. |Wha does yours feel like is it hard? does it move ?

xxx

suzy-sue
29-03-09, 17:36
Ive had two lumps on different occasions that moved and felt painful.Both were removed by a needle inserted and the fluid drawn out .It is a simple procedure and didnt hurt.I can understand your concern and i was in a right old state the first time.Most breast lumps are nothing to worry about and if they move are always cysts. All the best sue:hugs:

Pink Panic
29-03-09, 18:00
Just a few months back I was in exactly the same positon as you when I found a lump. My gp also said it was a cyst, gave my anti-biotics and said to go back in 2 weeks. When I went back it had gone down a little but was still visable and of course like you I was keeping checking it and feeling it's size but gp assured me it was nothing sinister and now weeks later it has eventually gone, thank goodness.
Sue is right that most breast lumps are nothing to worry about hun, I know from experience this is easy to say but please believe me. :hugs:
Oh also gp wouldn't lie to you hun, even though they knew you panic.

Take care
PP
xxx

mtbc
29-03-09, 18:22
Hello PB,

Try not to worry know easier said than done, but I had a breast lump and while waiting for the hospital appointment I lost a stone in weight thought I was dying and going to leave my kids but it turned out to be a fibroadenoma (these are very common) which is a benign breast lump had it removed a year later, so please try not to worry.

Little Miss Anxious
30-03-09, 12:37
Hello PB, sorry to hear you are going through a hard time.

I would not try not too worry too much about the quick turnaround for your appointment, my hubby went to the doctors with a nose & throat problem & the doctor gave him a referal just to see if he needed a small minor op - he had a hospital apointment inside 3 weeks, also my mum had to have some benign skin legions removed, she was also seen & sorted within 2 weeks. Neither of those cases were imminently threatening to their health & they got a fairly quick tunraround.

I dont think your GP would be dis-honest with you even if they do know you are anxious.

Try not to worry too much, fingers crossed for you : ) :hugs: x

K42
04-11-12, 16:08
Hi
5 years ago I found a small pea sized lump I found out it was fatty tissue.
At the time I was quite overweight and going to the gym.
After losing 4 stone I started the gym again and last month found another lump very similar to the last one in the other breast.
Doctor seems to think its a cyst and have got an appointment at the breast clinic in Friday.
I've not slept for a month worrying but could it have something to do with running at the gym?