PDA

View Full Version : purple mark on leg

louise0501
29-03-09, 18:19
hey, last night i found a purple/red mark on leg. and im really freaking out about it coz i know i havnt banged it and im sure its not a bruise.
i'll describe it
- it's a purple/reddish colour
- has red lines going through it
- it's quite big
- doesn't hurt at all
- it isn't raised or anything

any ideas what it could be? could it be serious?
Please reply
Luv Louise

louise0501
29-03-09, 20:35
anyone?? im really scared and worried.
Please reply
Love Louise XXX

valleybear
30-03-09, 15:24
I have these, mine are tiny varicosed veins near the surface...they look like a little network of tiny red lines. Don't know what age you are, but I have had varicose veins since quite young. XXXX

Lissy43
30-03-09, 15:30
I get these, they are what they call devils pinch. How big is it?

jbond1978
30-03-09, 15:34
Hi Louise

I have occasional purple marks on my thighs (purpura) showing up for no reason at all. They are around 0,5cm in diameter. I'm 30. I've been to a couple of doctors, but they are not interested, and I suppose they would be, if it was important. Had blood tests as well, but they were pretty normal.

They are very similar to the much smaller but red marks called petechiae. I have these too sometimes.

I don't have any good explanations for them. They COULD in theory be from a virus (my doctors explanation), they COULD in theory also be from something called Schaumburgs purpura (I think that's the name), there are also more sinister and much more rare things, but if your doc says no worries after a blood test, you are FINE!

All the best, Jens

belinda blueeyes
05-06-11, 11:30
Hi i have these purple/bluish thread veins on both my lower legs which i probably cant get rid of but what can you do about them?