PDA

View Full Version : fitness and exhaustion

catherine_r
29-03-09, 18:46
Hi
I've been feeling really tired in the last few months due to suffering with panic attacks/anxiety. It's as though I feel weak and I am have no strength in my body, I have no strength in my hands don't know if you know I mean sort of thing!!!! Last year I was running doing exercise classess and all sorts of things and have stopped this as I'm too scared to do any classess. A week ago I went to a dance class and managed to keep up with the instructor but within a few days have gone back to feeling exhausted again -I know it's probably mind over matter - but has anyone felt that they are not confident to do this - it's almost as though I feel put off to do something I enjoy doing. Is there any advice someone can give me as I love keeping fit usually it helps to make me feel positive.
Thanks Cath:yesyes:

Tink
29-03-09, 20:46
Hi cath
I am also feeling exhausted and drained from anxiety. I also feel weak and sometimes it takes all my effort to move. I was a very keen netball player and loved going to step aerobics every week. I am still playing netball but have to really force myself to go. This time last year I would be playing tice in one night a couple of times and loved it. Is there anyone who u exercise with as may help to motivate u?
U will feel better after exercising so try to continue (if only could take my own advice!!!)

Tink

sunshine-lady
29-03-09, 21:59
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

kittykat
30-03-09, 10:23
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support here, the chatroom is also very good, take care xx

Southern_Belle
30-03-09, 15:28
Hi Cath,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will be able to relate how you are feeling and will give their support.

Take care,

Laura

Utility
30-03-09, 20:38
Hi

Just remember that you don't have to do marathon stuff in order to benefit from exercise. That's why you shouldn't feel gulity about not doing the 3 half hour sessions a week that always seems to be recommened. Anything is better than nothing - so go for a short walk, do a bit of gardening, clean the car and so on. Then just build it up slowly and soon you won't notice that you are doing more. You will soon be back to your old self again