PDA

View Full Version : Hello, another newbie

mandie
05-08-05, 23:52
Hi everyone

Im Mandie and have been suffering with anxiety for the past year. Finally went to the doctors and have been on cipramil for 6 weeks.

I worry about my health constantly, and think that every ache and pain I have is life threatening. I know I need to relax, but I dont know how to. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. x

Meg
06-08-05, 00:04
Hello Mandie

Welcome

Have a good read up around the site

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/symptoms.htm
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/healthanxiety.htm

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
06-08-05, 00:15
Hi Mandie

Welcome to the forum.

Hope you find the site helpful. There is a lot of help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

sueiamnew
06-08-05, 07:25
Welcome to the site Mandie.

Peru83
06-08-05, 08:08
WELCOME

Hi mandie, don't really know my self yet how to relax, I to have been suffering for a long time but only went to the doc's after my first panic attack in may this year. I've been on Citalopram for 6 weeks and have only had one panic attack since being on them, touch wood!lol.

Lot's of people have suggested relaxation CD's, bubble baths, reading books ect. I do find that a nice bubble bath helps me sometimes :).

Well anyways hello and welcome and I am sure that there will be alot more people along able to help you better than me.

Take Carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

Claireabell
06-08-05, 09:22
Hi Mandie,

Welcome to the site, you will find lots of advice and support here.

Take Care

Claireabell :)

seh1980
06-08-05, 10:34
Welcome aboard!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Piglet
06-08-05, 11:16
Welcome Mandie - hope you find lots of help and support here.

Maybe see you in the chatroom sometime.

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

pinkscrumpy
06-08-05, 13:09
Hi Mandie

A big welcome to the site. We suffer the same and even have the same name with the same spelling.

Hope to speak to you soon.

Love

[^][^]

MANDIE XX

mandie
06-08-05, 18:07
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Look forward to having proper look round when I get the chance.

Had a really good day today. No anxiety panic or aches or pains! Things are looking up!

Love Mandie x

mandie
06-08-05, 18:09
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Look forward to having proper look round when I get the chance.

Had a really good day today. No anxiety panic or aches or pains! Things are looking up!

Love Mandie x

sal
06-08-05, 19:36
Hi Mandie

Welcome to the site and pleased you have had a good day.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".