PDA

View Full Version : Feeling worse and worse

Juppster
30-03-09, 09:10
Hi all......just needed to off load a little..

I will have been taking flu 20mgs for 5 weeks on Thursday and i am feeling progressively worse each day.....i really don't think this is normal and can't remember it taking this long to work last time. I feel sooo down its unreal and feel really ill with it....sick, headaches, upset tum etc etc!

I am back to the docs today to see what they suggest....i can't help but feel i was better off not taking any meds at all!! I do hate this b***dy illness!

Sorry for the rant...hope you are all having a good day xx

Cat80
31-03-09, 10:06
I know just how you feel. I've been taking 20mg Fluoxetine for 4 weeks on Monday and I feel awful myself. Want to sleep all day but have trouble sleeping at night, feel really sick all the time especially when I first wake up and in the evening, my anxiety is bad even though these tablets are supposed to be making it better. I'm not back at the Dr's for at least 2 weeks and feel awful just thinking about taking these for any longer.

How did you get on at the Dr's? Hope you feel better soon

Juppster
31-03-09, 11:16
Hi...thanks for replying

Went back to the docs who wanted to put the dose up which i was very reluctant to do as when i did this on citalopram i felt DREADFUL! I told him that when i was taking 10mgs of fluox i felt fine so we have compromised and i am now trying 10mgs for a few weeks to see how that goes...
Today is a bad though....all the while i have been on 20mgs i haven't been able to cry but the floodgates have opened up this morning and i can't stop! Just want to be me again if you know what i mean?

Hope you are having a good day x

Cat80
31-03-09, 11:32
That's good that the Dr was able to lower the dose, I think 20mg is too high for me so when I can eventually get an appointment I will ask if I can lower mine for a while.

I know what you mean about crying, I've cried once in the last month and that was watching Marley and Me lol. I know exactly what you mean about wanting to be yourself again, I'm that close to giving up on the meds but want to perservere in the hope that things get better. Keep in contact with how you are doing and I will do the same. Hope you feel much better soon and that the 10mg helps

Juppster
31-03-09, 12:20
Thanks for your kind words....i know how hard it is when you feel rubbish yourself!!! Just had a good cry to my mum so thats made me feel slightly better!! Nothing like a good chat and a cuppa with your mum!! Luckily my little boy stayed asleep throughout so we had some peace and quiet!!

Good luck with getting a doctors appt......keep in touch xx

MVP123
31-03-09, 12:39
Hi, last Monday I switched from Citalopram to Fluoxetine, cause I didn't feel I was getting better and now I wished I hadn't. When my anxiety first started I had continuous headaches, but at least the last few week on Citalopram they had started to ease off, I even had managed to go a few days without painkillers lol. Anyway Saturday my headaches have returned with a vengeance and bought back all the brain tumour fears with them. I have such pressure at the front of my head I am also feeling sick all the time and dizzy. I am so tempted to just not pop another pill tomorrow but I know that will make me feel worse. I just don't know how long I can take this for, my head is killing me and really effecting my work now.