PDA

View Full Version : unsure if right thing!!

Sax
06-08-05, 08:21
Hi all,

Wow what a rollercoaster all this is. Firstly I sort of admit maybe (just maybe) I may be depressed with increased anxiety and a couple of horrid panics!! So i go to the gp and get meds. Ok sort of so far.

Then the weeks of telling no one!!!

Then its ok I think maybe (cos ppl kept saying me to) I perhaps ought to admit this to my husband. So, do having been told by gp that maybe I am also shouldering his depression too!

So, for two weeks of persuasion I got him to go to gp too. Oh God, not sure I've done right thing or not cos he's now on meds.

Blimey[:O] still can't believe all this has happened in last two months, its crazy and bizarre and I feel so guilty still that we've got to this.

How could I have let all this creep up on us and not manage our situations better. I feel suddenly overwhelmed and bombarded by emotions I never ever realised I would experience and I feel I keep going over same ground, so i'm sorry if i've repeated stuff from previous posts.

I find chat very comforting but at end of day I realise I must try and come to terms with this and start to move on. Hardest part is i'm so impatient I want to feel different and reality is I won't will I, just have some more better days and less bad days. Also, no panics and less anxiety is so much more managable so i at least know now the tablets are working!

Actually, I do believe this is happening now (probably cos not drinking so much) and I do believe maybe telling my husband getting him to go to gp was a good thing cos now its not all inside me and its not such a 'no no' subject (even if he doesn't really discuss things).

Thank you for listening, again just offloading some thoughts. I guess reading this back actually I have accepted I am depressed, have accepted the tablets are needed and are helping and have accepted I have made some progress.

I actually feel better now, thank you, thats why this forum is so good isn't it, to be able to air thoughts with ppl who understand.

Sax xx[8D]

Meg
06-08-05, 10:37
Hi Sax

It seems that several really good things are happening then...
Your tablets are working
Hes getting treatment
Its out in the open.
You're not drinking.

**i'm so impatient I want to feel different and reality is I won't will I, just have some more better days and less bad days. Also, no panics and less anxiety is so much more managable so i at least know now the tablets are working!**

I think its important to accept that how you are right now is ok for now and use that as a baseline for improvement.

Try to find things to do between you that make you smile, give each other compliments and gee each other along.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

seh1980
06-08-05, 10:40
hi Sax,

I think it's brilliant that you've made so much progress!! Surely this is a start to a new improved life. Hopefully things will settle down soon and you'll start to see improvements..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Piglet
06-08-05, 11:41
Hi Sax

You definately have done the right thing bringing it more into the open.

Like Meg says accept how you are feeling for the mo and use it as a baseline for moving forward.

Hope to see you in chat if I can get on later - we all have such a laugh in there dont we.

Love Pig

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

alexis
06-08-05, 18:24
Hi sax, I think it sounds like you are doing great.I also think we all go over the same ground I know I do over and over, but there is no harm, to me it is needing reassurance.
i started to get better when I accepted this is an illness and not a weakness, I think you have done the same.
Talk about being inpatient I needed to be cured yesterday, I havent got time for this in my life or space lol.
Yes chat is good and helpful altho for various reasons I havent been in much of late or in touch with many people.
i am so glad you feel better well done Sax and I will be in touch (just lots going on at moment ,Sorry)
love Alexis,xx

Sax
07-08-05, 08:05
Just to thank you all for the replies, I know the main thing here is that I do need to accept life for what it is at the moment and stop trying to rush ahead (lol @ Alexis for needing to be cured now and not having time for this - ditto)

Anyway, thankfully I have found this site and thankfully I think I am learning to accept and learn about depression through support of others.

Thanks again

Sax [8D]