PDA

View Full Version : made too many mistakes?

obscure200
30-03-09, 12:08
Ive made so many mistakes throughout my life, and where i come from its a really small society. I regret the things that I've done in the past but that doesnt change peoples views. I am embarassed to go out as people remember things from 5 years ago and everytime i try to move on it always creeps back up on me. It makes me not want to go out as I bump into people that think these things. I never did anything to hurt anybody so i dont know why people take things so seriously and i dont have the confidense to get out to even work. I feel really depressed and i dont like to go out at all

NoPoet
30-03-09, 12:10
Are you sure that they are the ones judging you? It sounds like you're the one who remembers your mistakes and you are judging yourself. You're not being fair to yourself, everyone makes mistakes in life, it's how we learn.

The only problem is when you DON'T learn from mistakes and keep repeating them.

obscure200
30-03-09, 12:24
I learnt from them and would never repeat them ever again but doesnt seem to make a difference, because how do they know it?
your right.. i do judge myself and i am really hard on myself.. i need to try to think more positively and its just making me ill

Liverbird67
30-03-09, 19:00
I think when we are down hun, we are our own worst critics, try to be nice to yourself and be your own best friend stop being so hard on yourself, if people are still remembering things from five years ago surely they haven't got enough to occupy their minds, certain people in my circle of friends are still talking about things from 20 years ago, surely these people don't get out enough!

lucky you living in cyprus all that sun and wonderful food!

Debbie
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NoPoet
30-03-09, 20:58
I learnt from them and would never repeat them ever again but doesnt seem to make a difference, because how do they know it?Who cares what they know? The main thing is YOU know and you are all that matters :D

Listen, if I bumped into certain people from the place I used to work, I would feel exactly the same way you do. I did some things that I'm not proud of. The point is, it's got nothing to do with them, I made mistakes and I paid for them, now it's over, so they can think what they like. It's not going to affect me. Try to adopt that point of view. It's not easy and it won't happen overnight, but if you remember it, it honestly works.