PDA

View Full Version : heart beat symptoms

lisad77
30-03-09, 13:27
hi everyone, can someone tell me if anyone has bp and hr that changes really quick my bp can be 145/81 then i do it again and its like 53/50 my heart rate can go from 120bpm to 48 bpm with in seconds im really scared that there is some thing wrong with me but i have had ecg and scan on heart tread mill test and blood test they came bk fine but im still worried plz does any one else get this

SweetNess
30-03-09, 15:37
How do you know what your BP is ? Do you have a home tester? If you do throw it away ! BP and HR changes all the time. Have you ever seen anyone in hospital wired up to a machine.... it goes up and down . Don't become obssesed it will make you more anxious and of course your readings will vary

Sleepless999
30-03-09, 18:32
Hi there - I work in theatres and I have to say, I think your equipment may be a bit dodgey! If you have a home BP monitor, they are supposed to be calibrated regularly - I feel that you wouldn't be conscience if your BP was really that low! Both BP and HR DO fluctuate, but it's best to get the doctor to do it for you.

NoPoet
30-03-09, 20:47
Hi Lisad, peoples' blood pressure can fluctuate a lot from reading to reading depending on all sorts of factors including stress, whether or not you've eaten within the last hour and even time of day -- however the fluctuations you describe are not "realistic" which means you're either doing it wrong or your equipment is faulty :)

lisad77
30-03-09, 21:28
thanx for ur replys everyone but i have been doin right and its not faulty. i did pass out on sunday dinner time

NoPoet
30-03-09, 22:40
Hi, you should make an appointment to see your doctor as soon as possible to get this checked out for your own peace of mind. If your blood pressure is fluctuating like this then your body may not be regulating it correctly so you need to discuss this with a medical professional to work out a solution.

Please also ring NHS Direct on 0845 4647 (that is the right number even though it seems too short) and discuss your symptoms with them now. They can put you in touch with a real doctor who will discuss your symptoms and possible solutions with you over the phone. Hopefully they'll tell you there is nothing to worry about.