PDA

View Full Version : new member

goldy70
24-12-03, 16:44
Hi my name is Goldy.I walk 3miles aday and ride my bike.I still have heart problems because I was born with a hole in my heart.It never bother me until lately.I can live with this BUT now that my hair is thining I am beginning to worry.I take atenolol.Is there another percription I can take that does not have this side effect?I am 73years old and would like to spend the rest of my life with hair.

goldy70

benoo5
24-12-03, 23:02
welcome goldie,

ime sure your aware,that at 73,your hair begins naturally to thin,and taking beta blockers,will probably induce this,as well.

your being prescribed these tablets for one of two reasons,depending on the strength.

reason one...to lower high blood pressure.
reason two...to lower heart rate,and therefore help with anxiety.

your doctor will be able to advise you,about your hair loss..but most pharmacies carry special shampoos,to thicken the hair follicles,and give the appearance of having more hair,than you have actually got...best wishes..bryan.

goldy70
26-12-03, 23:28
Thanks Bryan for your answer will try your thickening shampoos.Goldy

goldy70

Meg
28-12-03, 18:09
Goldy

Neways - 2nd Chance shampoo and conditioner is fab.

Meg

goldy70
28-12-03, 18:24
Thanks Meg . As soon as my check comes in I will make a beeline to the drug store.

goldy70

nomorepanic
30-12-03, 18:35
Hi Goldy

Welcome to the message foum.

You sound a very spritely 73 year old - walking and riding your bike. It must be really good for yout health. I am sure you will find something that helps with the hair thining.

Nicola

goldy70
31-12-03, 02:01
Yeah I brought Rogain.Will give it a try.If it works you have to be on it for life.Yes I walk snd ride my bike still have breathing problemsbut I don't let it get me down.I found out that you can only live today and tomorrow if it's promised will take care of it'self.

goldy70