PDA

View Full Version : Blood on TP (embarressing and gross)

steveo
30-03-09, 15:50
Hi everyone! The worlds greatest hypocondriact is back with another medical scare. I have been thinking that I have had very very dull aches across various parts of my stomach and abdo for the past few weeks. I literally mean very dull and very slight. Possibly hardly noticable. When for a 'Brad Pitt' (poo), last night - Checked back into the bowl and it was 'normal', but then I wiped my bum and the first wipe was very very red indeed. It looked like i'd wiped ketchup! Scary! It was at this point that I made certian that there was no blood in my poo in the toilet. Second wipe was alot less. And third wipe and so on was almost nothing. Still very scarey! Never had that before. It was a fair ammount on the first wipe! Went back to the loo about 3 hours later just to have a wipe to see if everything was ok and there was a slight trace of blood.
Went for a poo today and it was mushy but NO blood in the bowl and NO blood on the TP. Ive also been thinking my tummy aches a bit. Unrelated I know but also been very tired and spent the day in bed with anxiety about this. I was going to go to my GP today but couldn't wake up in time to book an appointment.
I know I should be seeing my GP about this but Im still worried.

Jaco45er
30-03-09, 16:20
Hi chap

Sounds very much like a small tear or piles, nothing more sinister than that.

It's very common mate, it's when you pass lots of blood that you need to be concerned but I am pretty sure if you pop to the Docs he will confirm that it's nothing more than a wee tear when you have strained.

Now that's covered, find something else to worry about ;)

Be well chap

Jaco

Pink Panic
30-03-09, 16:23
Hi

I'd say to make an appointment with your GP and get this checked out.
It's prob not anything to worry about but Doc will explain and reassure you.
Take care. :hugs:

nomorepanic
30-03-09, 16:23
Yup piles or a tear and easily treated with cream etc.

steveo
30-03-09, 17:03
Ah I thought so but you know what us worriers are like! Thankyou all. I have been very very down recently so any slight thing is worrying me alot. Your always very lovely on here and make me feel better :-) x