PDA

View Full Version : nearly collapsed this morning - what could it be?

tryingtocope
30-03-09, 21:14
I woke up late this morning, ran to puff half a cigarette in me before i got dressed (all this is a pretty normal morning for me..) the felt suddenly really dizzy, my legs started to give way, felt really sick and was sweating ridiculously. I'm not generally a sweaty person, but i could feel the beads forming on my forehead and running down my face, my body felt about 200oc i really felt like i was dying :ohmy: then it was all over after about 5 minutes, just leaving me a little shakey. what the hell could this be? I was thinking possibly getting up quick and smoking too fast, it sometimes makes me a little dizzy, but nothing at all like this before! help!

lesley007
30-03-09, 21:23
this was probably due to getting up too quickly...your blood pressure was probably really low and having a ciggie probably added to the problem, try not to worry ( very difficult for us hey!) get up more slowly next time and you will be just fine I'm sure

Lesley007 xx

tryingtocope
30-03-09, 21:25
Thanks, i seem to be getting all sorts of weird symptoms at the moment! Just need a little reasurrance!

seeker
30-03-09, 22:27
Yes, I would agree - combination of getting up quick, cigarette causing nicotine rush and lack of oxygen in blood and possibly low blood sugar levels if you hadn't eaten yet. Stop smoking - it will make you feel much better and help the anxiety - it's the best thing I have ever done in terms of anxiety and stopping it.
Seeker

tryingtocope
31-03-09, 20:15
Would love to, will probably give it another try soon. How did it help you?