PDA

View Full Version : Tailbone....going crazy with worry:(:(

Alexy
30-03-09, 22:25
Its been hurting on and off for months, and it seems the only thing it'll be is like rectal/anal cancer, or a tumour or something.... especially seeing as iv had anal pains and rectal pains......im so terrified.....what if its too late now?:S

The doctor just blew it off.....:S I don't think they take me seriously anymore, cos they know of my HA..

Can anybody help me rationalise?

Wee-Mee
30-03-09, 22:42
Is your back or sides swollen looking?

Girl without the word a of a lie serisuly just look at my new worry thread :(

I got the same thing..it's like a horrible pressure and I just feel it's blocked or something.

:'(

And I feel like I'm getting blown off if you will too..I keep getting meds and nothn helps

I'm hoping it may be associated with IBS or something which I would need to e diangosed with not that I WANT IBS but I would rater that than cancer..

Or muscular. I dunno.

I'm sorry I'm not much help but I hear you and know what you're going through

Amy xxxxxxxx

Alexy
31-03-09, 20:39
I can't really tell if its swollen:S Im trying so hard to comvince myself its nothing, but like, this post has had 27 views and 1 reply..which kinda makes me think that not many people get this:S Im SO scared, going docs again tomorrow..SO scared:S Thanks so much for replying though, you've actually been great to me these past few days, so thank you:):)

Alex xxxx

bex1970
31-03-09, 20:46
You may have banged it (a while ago) - the coxsicks - or tailbone, can be painful for ages after a trauma.... and I mean ages.... like six months or so (happened to my Mum after a fall).

Also, if you're really slim - it can get sore from sitting down etc....

you would have other symptoms for anal or rectal cancer... bleeding, and many, many other things...

The doctor has 'blown you off' probably because they are not remotely concerned that it is serious.... I think we all have trouble believing our doctors but, on the whole, they tend to get it right when it comes to sinister things.

you have got yourself into a panic about it - and it's making it seem worse. Our worries do manifest themselves as physical pain - and the more we worry, the worse they get.

I really, really DO NOT think you have anal or rectal cancer. Honestly. The lack of replies doesn't mean we all think you have - just the opposite probably. Does nurofen or anything help? I really reckon you've banged it badly (a while back, obviously) and it's sore. Or it could be to do with the way you sit... so many things but not cancer. Try to believe me....
xx

kittykat
31-03-09, 20:53
My mum had bowel cancer and none of your symptoms are what she had, so i'm pretty sure it's something else that's the cause of it. Please try not too worry as much, I agree with Bex as in the doctors are usually very good when they suspect something sinister at work, it's the worry that's probably making the physical symptoms worse and more obvious than what they are, try to relax hard I know xx

Alexy
31-03-09, 22:32
Thank you SO much for your replies:) I do have OCD which kinda makes me have to do weird stretches and stuff (Sounds mad:S) but maybe could be after doing that so much..im not sure..either way, im going to the doctors tomorrow, gonna explain everything, see whats said.. but thanks alot for the replies:)