PDA

View Full Version : First Time Panic Attack

dbug
30-03-09, 22:45
Had the night from hell last night but didnt have a clue what was happening to me. Ended up in casualty at 4.00 in the morning! Felt a bit stupid when i was diagnosed with having a panic attack probably brought on from a bit of over indulgence on the old alcohol on Saturday.

I woke up at 3.00 in the morning sweating like mad and really dizzy. 5 mins later i felt like i was losing my mind, it was as if my mind was shutting down. Then the fear kicked in. i was almost crying cos i was scared of everything and anything. My wife was freaked out aswell and thankfully we only live 5mins from the hospital. They were great very sympathetic and helped me calm down but it took over an hour.

I just felt like posting this cos nothing can prepare anyone for a first time panic attack im sure. I really really hope that i dont have to go through it again.

This website has helped, reading about other peoples similar problems and ideas makes a difference. Im sure it helps a lot of people being able to post their thoughts.

Nicola_lou
31-03-09, 00:02
Hi, the first panic is terrible I to was rushed to hospital and was told I had a panic attack. But nothing was really explained to me I didn't really no what it was and like I normally do I tried to put it to the back of my mind and get on with life. Started going out drinking again then another panic attack you tend to dwell on them and fear on having a panic.
Yes writing about it helps I have found to so I write before I sleep to get it off my chest
Or I wake up in a panic or the first thing I remember when I wake up.
But this site helps so many people with same symtoms
Take care
Nicola