PDA

View Full Version : Just could not get up

martyrich
30-03-09, 23:16
I decided to up 10mg escitalopram to 20mg escitalopram because I felt social anxiety had calmed down, and I was a bit happier but not really getting there. Like there was a happy free place I could reach if I just took more.

I found 5mg actually okay. 10mg standard and good.
I just felt in my belly that I could go higher.
(Backstory - had OCD and anxiety from fouteen upwards. I am now 40. Yes the Ocd went down at 28, but the anxiousness and fear was ongoing and crippling)

I find the 20mg can feel a bit 'spaced out' or distant but was allright.
As someone who had lots of writing ideas, I find they go down on the drug. Sex drive is strangely missing at the best of times.

After bouts of tiredness now and again one morning I could just not get up. I felt ridiculously tired, even though I needed to be somewhere else, I was sweating in bed, and could not do the moves to get up.

It really scared me, and I stopped the whole six week experimentation straight away. I was just getting to the end of week three.
Is this anyone else's experience? Was happiness just metres away, a mere side effect or should I just run from the whole thing all together?

There is only one way I guess to go back on the course but I can not work out if it is worth it at all?

Anyone had something similar to me?

NoPoet
30-03-09, 23:24
Hi, you were doubling the strength of the medication in your body and your system needs time to adapt. You were probably just suffering side effects from increasing the dose.

As a person who struggled at first on 20mg of citalopram, which as I understand it is basically the same thing, I recognise all the symptoms you listed. They have started to wear off now. I'm on day 12.