PDA

View Full Version : Really bad acid reflux!!

tom1
31-03-09, 00:48
I've noticed over the past few weeks, I've been getting extremely bad acid reflux. I actually thought it was something I may have changed in my diet, that was causing it, but there wasn't. I tried to cut out foods and drinks that I thought may be worsening it, but it has continued to worsen without them. So, my only conclusion is, this must be the meds.

I've read somewhere before that Effexor causes this with some people, but I'm not 100% sure, so if anyone has experienced this, don't be shy to mention it.

It's actually getting so extreme, that it is waking me up and night and I can feel the acid rolling up and down my throat. I've tried many ways to try and stop the acid reflux, but they have only temporarily taken the edge off it.

If this is the meds causing it, I may have to go onto something else, as this is just too much for me to tolerate(but I don't want to!). Which will be a shame, because the other side-effects are lot more tolerable than this. It's just that it makes eating anything, extremely uncomfortable. Anyway, I think I will give it some time now before I make any quick decisions as this med is really working for me right now.