PDA

View Full Version : Coping at moment

MysticAnn
31-03-09, 12:18
Hi my name is Ann, new to this site and forum. Have suffered with anxiety since last year on and off. Did also have it about 10 years ago too! At the moment it is reactionary because of my split from my husband who i have been with for 16 years. It is amicable but still painful all the same. I suffered badly last year when all this reared it's ugly head and was prescribed anti depressants called Citalopram, these made me hyper anxious and was then taken off them. I then dealt with my symptoms and my husband and i decided to try to make a go of things and it all went well for a while, but in October 08 we decided finally to split. Everything was fine for quite some time but in Feb 09 "fell apart" again. In the meantime my husband went on anti depressants himself and these were fluoxetine, i noticed that he had no weird side effects so when i went to my doctor i asked to be put on them. I haven't suffered any major side effects to be honest and they seemed to work from day 1! Anyway battling on and taking each day at a time, sometimes i have down days but i accept that this is going to happen and just try to ride feelings out, i am lucky in that i have lots of friends etc; for support. I know that there are people out there possibly on this site who are struggling and I would like to offer help and support to anybody really as this is a terrible thing to suffer from and not easy to deal with because "how do you get away from your thoughts?" Anyway enough rambling Ann x:bighug1:

finny12000
31-03-09, 12:40
welcome to nmp ann..
Have a good look around as there loads to do from games to chat
tips and great self help posts x

kittykat
31-03-09, 13:46
Hi there and :welcome:to the site, there is a lot of good advice and support on here that will help, there is also a good chatroom as well, take care xx

sunshine-lady
31-03-09, 23:20
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

Southern_Belle
01-04-09, 01:57
Hi Ann,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will be able to relate how you are feeling and will give their support.

Take care,

Laura