PDA

View Full Version : Pins and Needles in hand

RibbonBows
31-03-09, 15:05
I woke up this morning with pins and needles in my right hand only, I thought i must have just been lying funny but it hasn't gone away yet.
Its fine until I extend my arm or reach for something and then I'll suddenly get pins and needles in it again.
is this worrying?

RibbonBows
31-03-09, 15:57
also, this is really weird but I've just noticed that if I relax both of my hands in front of me the little finger on the right hand is positioned really oddly. Its too far to the right if you can imagine this. Its further away from the finger next to it than it is on the other side

I'm really scared now this is really weird and I haven't done anything to cause this

nomorepanic
31-03-09, 16:07
It could be anxiety as that gives you pin and needles in hands and feet.

Could also be carpal tunnel syndrome.

My little finger is not the same distance away as the finger next to it - that is normal as far as I can see.

Maybe_Baby
16-04-09, 17:33
About 4am this morning i woke with a numbness/pins and needles in my left hand... i eventually nodded back off to sleep, but then when i re-woke this morning, i still had the feeling.. as the day has progressed it hasn't went away.. its eased of slightly tho..

im abit concerned, as im only nearly 20.

xx

mandie
16-04-09, 17:36
Hi

I had this last week in my left hand. I had pins and needles and an odd feeling in it. It lasted for 5 days and i really got myself into a state.

Then it just disappeared.

love mandie

Maybe_Baby
16-04-09, 17:42
Hi Mandie.
You ok now?

Same here, its like pins and needles.. but i can't quite explain how it feels... its a weird feeling.

Today my anxiety is really bad, wouldnt normally be concerned about this.. but as im in abit of a state i am!!

xx

luchipoo
16-04-09, 19:42
Pins and needles is a classic anxiety symptom so don't worry about it! I have had them everywhere - in my head and face was the worst. Right now, I have pins and needles in my side. It will go, don't worry xx

rhianna
16-04-09, 20:45
I too have had pins and needles in one hand. When my anxiety first started. I had it for about 2 weeks and althiugh I didn't realise it I focussed and obsessed on the feeling continually. back then a doctor telling me it was stress was enough for me to believe them and it went away almost immediately. Now I need more convincing of stuff but yours sounds exactly like mine. Try not to focuc on the sensation however hard that is.

j2
17-04-09, 13:18
I get this but in very localized places like the tip of one finger or in my tongue. It sucks and I constantly convince myself that it nueropathy brought on by undiagnosed diabetes then my mind goes straight to pancreatic cancer. It is no fun being me sometimes. Anyway, I get this a lot and I hope we all get better.

J2

Claire240380
24-04-09, 08:10
I'm so glad I'm not the only one getting weird anxiety symptoms. On my way to work this morning I realised I had pins and needles in my right hand which was strange but instead of looking it up on a medical site and getting myself wound up thinking it may have something to do with my heart or a stroke, I came on here and found that it's just another anxiety symptom. Maybe this will relax my mind a little now and it'll disappear. :)

Claire