Tried seroxat, Citalopram, sertraline. Also mirtazapine and duloxetine

Joy

finny12000
31-03-09, 19:14
not sure what a tci is joy but i couldnt handle ssris and made me manic
i was moved on to trazadone and it helped me a lot

reallyfedup
31-03-09, 19:21
what did you have ssri's prescribed for? What doses did you have and for how long did you take them? How did you know they didnt work?

CJH86
31-03-09, 19:23
TCI meaning trycyclic antidepressant. I personally had no sucess after SSRI's with these, but im not really a very typical case as i have extreme and odd reactions to many drugs - not your typical worsening of anxiety/nausea/headache etc etc etc. I do know some people who have had sucess with these however after faliure of first line i.e. SSRIS

ElizabethJane
31-03-09, 20:07
I have been taking prothiaden for about sixteen years and I am now in the process of coming off it according to NICE guidelines that it is no longer safe as it is very toxic in overdose. NICE guidelines to doctors are to wean their patients off it. It is one of the older tricyclics. I had always had good results from it in terms of anxiety and depression but more recently felt that it wasn't really doing much good. I know several people who are on amitriptyline also an older tricyclic. I hope that you and your doctors find an ant d that is suitable for you.

joy
01-04-09, 09:22
Been prescribed meds for anxiety, i know they havent worked cos i still have bad anxiety. Was on Seroxat for 8 years very successfully but came off. When the anxiety returned nothing has worked since not even seroxat. My present shrink hates Seroxat and wants me off and suggests ananafril.

Joy

HUBBER
01-04-09, 10:29
I got taken off cit on monday and put on clomipramine hope it works cos i'm close to giving up

joy
01-04-09, 15:49
please post how you get on

Joy