PDA

View Full Version : plz say im not mad (girlys only )

bonnie1980
31-03-09, 19:53
good eveing all i hope you are all ok :) this is going to sound so sillly i know but i need to know if it is me being silly or this could be why i get panic attacks.
i have had panic attacks for years but they are much worse now i have had my 3rd child she is six months old the thing is and i dont know if this is a coinsadents but i seam to get the most powerfull panic attacks just befor my period i know it sounds mad but i need to know is it just me:blush: ???
I cant talk to know body about it as i know they will laugh at me and call me crazy as normal please someone say this is something that can happen
i know i want to find oout why i get panic attaks but am i seeing this as something to blame it on
thank you for reading this sorry if the spellings are bad or it dosnt make sence i am a mess at the minuet so sorry xx:scared15:

heatherbynature
31-03-09, 20:02
That's totally normal for people with anxiety problems, I get very anxious before and after my period. I think it's because of all the hormones going wild, It affects the calmest of people by making them a bit all over the place, So just imagine what it does for people with anxiety problems. You're not alone in that department, You should try and purchase some Geranium oil and drop a little bit on your clothes, The smell is very calming. I hope you feel much better soon xxx.

nomorepanic
31-03-09, 20:07
You are not alone

Look on this thread...
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784

Look for women's issues and read those threads.

MoodyBlue
31-03-09, 20:50
Hey Bonnie,

you are completely normal...well, as normal as any of us are on here ;-) women are always more sensitive to situations around their period, and I imagine you are over-sensitive as your body is still getting back to normal after your third bambino. I've read that Vitamin B is good for both anxiety, and PMT so get yourself down to the local herbal shop and stock up :-)
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/archive/index.php?t-10461.html

bonnie1980
04-04-09, 17:20
Good evening ladies Thank you so much for your replys it means alot more then you will ever know so thank you
I hope you are all well xxxx

Mumto2
09-04-09, 12:34
Perfectly normal, I suffer really badly when I am due on and am currently having acupuncture for my PMT/anxiety on the NHS, I dont think anyone would laugh at you though, maybe discuss it with your GP.

eurotrashcub
09-04-09, 12:36
I am not a girl, but as a gay boy, I thought I might be allowed to sneak into teh thread and have a look....

I have always read that periods affect women's moods and that they make it more likely for anxiety to get much worse at that time of the month.

But then what do I know, I havent got a vagina (and thank God for that!)

Hoping to put a smile in your face

Ricard

x

lorac
09-04-09, 12:42
Hi

I think this is very normal PMT makes my anxiety sky high sometimes it makes me feel so bad I just have to accept that for a few days I cant function normaly until my period arrives.

Carol

bel25
11-04-09, 21:06
I totally understand and you absolutely are not mad. When we're on our period we are more hormonal, which creates a chemical imbalance and can make us more emotional (which obviously doesn't help as we are highly emotional as it is- all we need! eh?) I began to notice it too! So started taking Lemon Balm- herbal capsules or if you don't like taking capsules you can release the contents and use it as a tea- which you take 3 times a day. I start taking them about 2-3 days before i come on and take it every day through my period- works for me :-) If you're interested in this it's available in Holland and Barratts.
Take care
xxx

Insomniac
11-04-09, 22:06
hi there.

I totally agree with you! I find the same. As adrenaline is a hormone, I guess it makes sense that other hormones can have an effect on us. As we find things more annoying(!) or more emotional it seems entirely possible for PMS and anxiety to bounce off each other.

Personally I find that if I take supplements to reduce PMS, I also feel less anxious.

If nothing else at least you don't feel alone now! :noangel:

Spiller
12-04-09, 00:51
the week before, and during my period is when i am worse. you are not alone :) x

gazania
12-04-09, 22:16
I am going through the menopause and my hormones must be all over the place, because my periods are, and my anxieties are definitely a lot worse lately!! Roll on the finish of it all!!