PDA

View Full Version : CBT - From the start and onwards... anyone interested?

WillLatch
31-03-09, 20:12
I've now had two assessments with two different therapists and I "kick off" with the one I believe I can work with the best 2moro. My short time at NMP has been of great support. People have been very kind, supportive and I know I am not alone with my difficulties. The chatroom is welcoming and sensitive and the forums provide much valuable information. The wisdom comes perhaps from acting on it. I have also been touched by the problem that some NMP members have to face by long waiting lists for CBT on the NHS. I am fortunate enough to be self employed and can FIND the monies to pay for my support and treatment; albeit I am just as skint as everyone else in a credit squeezed recession, when my troubles from my over burdened life and the stresses of fighting for my business and staff have finally come to a head and taken its toll. I cannot in any shape or form be a substitute for a paid therapist but I am a reasonable writer, open and candid about myself and quite willing to start a thread on the processes, trials and hoped for results over the next 6 weeks. IF there's anyone that would be interested in following such missives on the subject of CBT. Replies below would encourage me to open the thread perhaps in the therapy section probably and if there are none then it does not offend! LOL. I just wondered if there was a little merit in following a story by proxy and whether it would lend support in its own right to others. When I first came to NMP just a couple of weeks ago.. I was like most people. I needed to receive. This proposition to write is offered as my contribution with no arrogance and all humility. Long live this website and community of support.

suzy-sue
31-03-09, 20:23
That sounds like a good idea Will.
People could follow your progress& offer support if needed.This happens in the medication forums .It would also give those who are waiting for therapy a good insight to what its all about.Good luck,
Sue

WillLatch
31-03-09, 20:31
Thank you Suzy... I'd be so pleased to make what I'm doing be of value and help to others. I can bring good word craft to the table hopefully. Thoughts from people as to WHERE to place the thread appreciated. At present THETHERAPY FORUM appears the most obvious but surprisingly few postings there. What you think?

finny12000
31-03-09, 20:43
i think its agreat idea will and as ive never done cbt i would be intrested
and would defo follow your post ...therapy forum seems reasonable great idea mate

suzy-sue
31-03-09, 20:43
That would probably be the most appropriate place,Would be a new thing so would be helpful to people considering it,and new members who may not have heard about it. SUE

kittykat
31-03-09, 21:00
Think it's a great idea, cbt didn't work for me , more to do with the therapist I had I think, but i'd be interested in seeing how other folks like yourself get on with it, xx

WillLatch
31-03-09, 21:50
So I begin a thread..
a path I tentatively tread..
A little dread of what is to come.
But I should have no fear.
As those that are close to me are near.
Must work my stress and be ME…
Welcome to my CBT.

Veronica H
31-03-09, 22:08
:yesyes: great Idea willatch.

Veronica

WillLatch
01-04-09, 23:55
Ok.. I've kicked it off.. it's over in the THERAPY forum. Hope it helps. Good luck to others on the CBT road.. see you at the crossroads!