PDA

View Full Version : Forums help so much!

samsung
31-03-09, 20:49
Hi all,

Im new here so ill introduce myself first. I'm Sam.

I've always had anxiety problems ever since i was a little kid, starting in primary school to the point where i never wanted to leave my parents. I suppose in fear that something might happen to them and me not being able to get in touch like i can now... i guess. But it really changed my life, i wouldn't go to sleep overs with mates, go on school trips, anything as it just made me way way to anxious.

Ever since i have had flutters of anxiety as all anxiety sufferers do, or GAD sufferers from what i've been reading. Im currently in my second year of A levels and about to leave school (4 weeks time) at the age of 18. Since the start of this year nothing has gone right for me, one thing after another. I hate to dwell but i broke up with a girl i was seeing as i was to stressed with work (i always put my work first at the moment because its my A levels and im a perfectionist). That same week i manage to crash my car (£3k damage), the same night two of my friends died in a separate car crash, my grandma was taken ill (and sadly passed away a few weeks later), i got all rejections from my uni applications as i dont yet have a foundation diploma in art and design and i broke my collar bone along with other little negative points to each week.

Over the last month i've been feeling fairly down and anxious about things, not really clocking onto it properly until last week. I new i wasn't feeling right but i just thought i was being a bit of an idiot, i thought my anxiety days had past. The usual symptoms have cropped up... feeling ill, down, on edge, over analyzing, thinking about things that are nothing far to much, worrying about things that never usually worry me, not really wanting to go out with mates then not really enjoying it when i got out. The worst train of thoughts i've had is being really insecure. Why havn't i got a girl friend? wheres my sex drive? I wish i was like him, the one with all the girls! Am i gay? It really played on my mind, really really badly, even though i know that im straight, happy with my self etc.

So after my short novel id just like to say thanks for all the posters on here who made it easy for me to understand my state of mind. It hasnt gone yet but knowing that im not the only one who has these problems and knowing that irrational and irregular thoughts are totally normal and meaningless with anxiety and depression has really helped!

Thanks, and please share your stories and similar experiences!

Sam