PDA

View Full Version : medication and restless arms and legs please help?

xshellyx
31-03-09, 21:34
ok been on mitarzipane for depression and anxiety for a month its been really helping untill lat night i couldnt sleep as i was getting really bad restless arms and legs,ive just layed down there and i can feel it come back again i really dont want to go through that again...... can it be the pills that do this? ive heard that its a lack of iron... any 1 had this please :weep:

CJH86
31-03-09, 22:44
Thats is a recognised side effect of mitarzepine, its unpleasant so if it persists see GP..... its not really anything to worry about.

suzy-sue
31-03-09, 23:08
I get restless legs and it drives me potty!it helps if you walk about and it has something to do with potassium ,but is definately a side effect of meds ,im on citalopram.
Sue

tom1
31-03-09, 23:35
Another thing I would try is use the that symptom for an actual beneficial outcome like doing exercise. I noticed on other meds, when I got extremely bad restless legs, in the late afternoon I would do lots of cardio on a exercise bike or running, and try to really tire them out. This actually did help and it's great for keeping fit too!

Southern_Belle
04-04-09, 19:40
Hi,

My hubby suffers with restless leg syndrome and he is not anemic. I have been seriously anemic and did not have RLS. So it must be a side effect to your meds. If it bothers you that much I would contact your GP. Hope you feel better.

Take care,

Laura