PDA

View Full Version : recurrent worries about illness

colleen224
31-03-09, 21:59
hi everyone, thanks in advance for reading this. i'm sure that there are so many other people that have this problem, but i need to vent about it because i was managing it well for several months and now it is back. i'm talking about these scary and anxiety-producing thought about having a really serious health problem or being on the verge of dying. i had these thoughts constantly for several weeks last April/May/June, after i was diagnosed with shingles. i had a lot of tests, went through therapy and have been on Lexapro 20 mg since July. i also was on clonazepam 1 mg per day for three months until early October, when my doctor stopped prescribing it. for the most part, i kept getting better from August until the last few days, when my mind has been going into overdrive with thoughts about several different medical problems (blood clot, blood infection, heart issues, etc) that are going to kill me suddenly. they are so bizarre but still scare the crap out of me, and of course that makes me think that i am heading into a downward spiral like i did last year. i know that i'm the only one who can control how they ultimately affect me, but it just freaks me out that all of a sudden they are so prominent in my head again.

anyway, thanks for letting me ramble on a bit, and best wishes to everyone here!

kathyanne
31-03-09, 23:25
I suffer from the same you are not alone. Every so often some illness strikes me down from out of the blue, no warning. My current one is 'headaches', I have been everwhere with it. Driven my doctor mad, been to see a Neorologist, who will not do another MRI scan as i had one done 2 years ago and nothing was found abnormal.
It's an awful thing to have, I have had it for years now. I have had therapy, I'm on anti depressants, nothing works though. I'm fine then it strikes & I'm am so bad I really believe it's life threatening.

Just to say you are not alone.
Kathyx