PDA

View Full Version : Hello - new to the site :)

LittleWing
31-03-09, 23:26
Hi everyone,
I've been having a bit of trouble logging in... I hope this works...
Just thought I'd write a quick note to introduce myself; I'm 22 and I'm a final year undergraduate student in London. I've been suffering from panic and anxiety for 4 years now (all of my student life) and so far I havent taken any serious medication - I've tried to make do with homeopathic remedies, psychotherapy (4 different ones so far...) and other lifestyle changes to help things along the way.

At the moment I just need to get through 2 months of dissertation writing and exams. Last year I had to do the same thing and it worries me that I may go back to the state I was in back then...

Anyway. That's me for now - anything else you'd like to know just ask. I hope I'll be coming on here more often, if I can work out how to log in!

LW xx

Southern_Belle
01-04-09, 01:59
Hi LW,
Welcome to NMP. Many here will be able to relate how you are feeling and will give their support.

Take care,

Laura

Squindered
01-04-09, 03:09
I'm in nearly exactly the same situation. I just joined the site a couple of days ago and am a final year student trying to cope with the stress of dissertation, exams etc, as well as trying to figure out what i'm going to do after uni, and have had panic attacks and anxiety since school but worse while at uni. Just thought I'd let you know that your not on your own :)

kittykat
01-04-09, 08:43
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, a lot of good advice and support here and the chatroom is also very good, take care xx

bishops
01-04-09, 13:09
Hi Little Wing (is that after the Hendrix song) its a great site and forum and helps us allalot

sunshine-lady
02-04-09, 19:19
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

LittleWing
03-04-09, 21:07
Thanks so much... and yes Bishops it is the Hendrix song - my boyfriend played it to me years ago and I think it's always been my favourite song - I guess I like the idea of flying away.

I'm having a really hard time at the moment with panic attacks coming back to me. I feel really alone - I'm away from home for the weekend and I get so anxious about that. I've tried really hard to calm myself down and remind myself its only the weekend but the only place I really feel safe is on my computer. Sad I know. I get nervous around people and I'm scared I'll panic in public.

For some reason it keeps asking me to log in - even though I already did - and it won't let me see my private messages, so I'm really sorry I haven't got back to those who wrote to me. Can anyone help with this? Sorry...

It's nice to meet you all.
LWxx