PDA

View Full Version : Who else get worse anxiety at night?

aveeava
01-04-09, 04:02
it seems like im pretty okay during the day but as soon as it gets dark outside i get really anxious and panic attacky. does anyone else feel that way?!

Shelly80
01-04-09, 04:23
it seems like im pretty okay during the day but as soon as it gets dark outside i get really anxious and panic attacky. does anyone else feel that way?!

My anxiety is worse before bed. It used to be in the morning but has changed over the last year. Very strange and annoying

:lac: Shelly

aveeava
01-04-09, 04:30
yeah its so strange. I always get it as soon as it gets dark outside id ont know what the heck it is but its really annoying i hate night time.

kirstymc
01-04-09, 04:32
I get this, definitely worse at night. When I'm alone my mind goes into overdrive, so during the day I try my best to surround myself with people as a distraction, I live with 3 other people so it's usually not hard. But at night, when it's time to sleep, and I'm alone in my room, that's when it's worse. And I can't just go to sleep, because I've always had a terrible sleeping pattern, and lately it's like I've developed a phobia of sleep or something! Hence me still being awake now at 4.30am!

aveeava
01-04-09, 04:36
that i totally understand I go to sleep basiclly when i cant keep my eyes open any longer. its a bad thing to do to my body but i have such a fear of health problems that i never want to sleep. Theres nothing that ive found to help either.

alfisback1
01-04-09, 05:08
I get this, definitely worse at night. When I'm alone my mind goes into overdrive, so during the day I try my best to surround myself with people as a distraction, I live with 3 other people so it's usually not hard. But at night, when it's time to sleep, and I'm alone in my room, that's when it's worse. And I can't just go to sleep, because I've always had a terrible sleeping pattern, and lately it's like I've developed a phobia of sleep or something! Hence me still being awake now at 4.30am!

Same here.

Dazo
01-04-09, 12:44
I do, very bad every evening these days.
It affects the sleep and i dont feel weel in the morning beacuse of it.

Alexy
01-04-09, 21:41
Im exactly the same, honestly i can feel it starting to come on now..its such a horrible feeling, i usually end up sobbing most night before bed, and i have aphobia of sleep:S

enigmatique
01-04-09, 23:46
I'm the same - as soon as it gets dark my anxiety ramps right up, even if I've been having a good day until then. I find the worst is walking home from work in the dark, I usually end up in tears by the time I get home. Thank goodness we're on BST now is all I can say! I'm not scared of the dark, and I have no particular reason for being more worried and down in the evenings, it just seems to work that way. It mostly seems to manifest in agoraphobia, so I struggle to go places in the evenings that I'm perfectly happy in during the day. If I do go out, then my HA kicks in.

It's reassuring to hear other people get the same reaction, because all the stuff that my GP and counsellor have given me to look at on anxiety and depression say that people tend to be worse in the mornings, whereas I tend to feel ok in the mornings. Of course the paranoid HA part of me immediately thought 'oh no I don't fit the pattern, there must be something else wrong with me!' *sigh* :wacko:

enigmatique
01-04-09, 23:49
I get phobic of sleep too when I'm particularly bad. I'll stay up til 4am just so I don't have to sleep, and eventually drop off just through exhaustion. Fortunately I'm not that bad at the moment, I haven't dreaded going to sleep for a couple of weeks now.

aveeava
02-04-09, 01:46
I get phobic of sleep too when I'm particularly bad. I'll stay up til 4am just so I don't have to sleep, and eventually drop off just through exhaustion. Fortunately I'm not that bad at the moment, I haven't dreaded going to sleep for a couple of weeks now.

thats what i do i stay up till about that time and go to sleep when I cant stay up any longer! yeah i was fine for a whole month and then it came back recently because of all the stuff thats happening in my life. now i have an ulcer in my stomach and it hurts like a mofo!

claire.xx
02-04-09, 04:15
yep thats me and tonight is one of them nights. i started off fine then got a twinge in my chest which has suddenly set me off thinking of my jaw ache earlier today so now of course i feel it again and convinced its angina! no sleep for me tonight

aveeava
02-04-09, 04:46
yep thats me and tonight is one of them nights. i started off fine then got a twinge in my chest which has suddenly set me off thinking of my jaw ache earlier today so now of course i feel it again and convinced its angina! no sleep for me tonight

sorry to hear it, me too my mother in law is flying in tomorrow morning and im all nerves so its like ahhhhhh no sleep for me tonight!!

hopefully we will find somthing to keep our minds entertained!

june
02-04-09, 14:03
:hugs: Once or twice a week I get PAs in the night 2,3 or 4 am so so scared.
Last night it was my throat (lump in throat) oh how awful that is in the small hours of the night - do not want to wake hubby - what could he do anyway?? so lie there and suffer:weep:
Throat still not right but the worrying about it is not helping - :blush: :blush:
Best wishes
june
:hugs:

charlotte83
02-04-09, 17:15
I used to be like that a while ago and as soon as it got dark I would feel really panicky. Now it seems to be worse when I first wake up in the morning but it chnages really :(

enigmatique
02-04-09, 23:27
Bad night tonight :( my housemate said he'd cook dinner so I didn't buy any food, but then he didn't come home til 10 so I was feeling pretty woozy by the time I got dinner, which made me twitchy and panicky. Now I have stomach pains and though when I'm being rational I think it's probably just IBS (in the process of being diagnosed atm) it's freaking me out right now. I'm so tired of this :weep:

justbananas
06-04-09, 01:13
yes - while my HA is round the clock, i only ever really get true panic symptoms at night. during the day i forget sometimes that i am so lame and i actually enjoy myself.

enigmatique
06-04-09, 01:43
Yep I totally relate there! I got myself into a little tizz earlier and so now I'm having trouble sleeping. I'll be good for nothing at work tomorrow morning.