PDA

View Full Version : vision/brain tumor

toria
01-04-09, 10:33
I have suffered health anxiety for a long time i always seem to have to worry about something but my current health worry is brain tumor i have funny blurred vision almost all of the time feels like cant focus on things i am constantly aware of it because it is my eyes i also suffer headaches along with alot of other symptoms anxiety causes i have been to the drs and opticians but even so i still am conviniced i have brain tumor i am back at the drs today because it is really frightening me.

Mondie
01-04-09, 14:49
That's the beauty of anxiety it tends to give us so many symptoms that we take as being cancer or brain tumours etc...I read somewhere that only a teeny tiny percentage of brain tumours have headaches as a symptom - it's one of those urban myth that tumours makes our heads hurt. Hopefully the doctor can ease your worries.

LisaLisa
01-04-09, 15:37
I have suffered health anxiety for a long time i always seem to have to worry about something but my current health worry is brain tumor i have funny blurred vision almost all of the time feels like cant focus on things i am constantly aware of it because it is my eyes i also suffer headaches along with alot of other symptoms anxiety causes i have been to the drs and opticians but even so i still am conviniced i have brain tumor i am back at the drs today because it is really frightening me.

Hi

Hope your feeling okay. Honestly anxiety is very powerfull. I have the eye thing too and a whole load of other symtpoms and have just left my psycologists office and he has made me feel so much better about the headaches vision, aches and pains and everything- its all stress and anxiety related.

Try not to give the anxiety a place to grow if that makes sense. You have an anxiety prob not health prob by what you say and the very fact your on this forum.

Lisa
XX

Emaa
01-04-09, 19:23
If you went to the opticians, they'd have noticed pressure or swelling at the back of your eyes if you had a brain tumour that was affecting your vision.

Do you need glasses?
Because when I did, my vision went bad and I had shed loads of headaches.

[: xxxx

Trixie
01-04-09, 19:58
That's the beauty of anxiety it tends to give us so many symptoms that we take as being cancer or brain tumours etc...I read somewhere that only a teeny tiny percentage of brain tumours have headaches as a symptom - it's one of those urban myth that tumours makes our heads hurt. Hopefully the doctor can ease your worries.

I don't have any headaches (yet).

Brain tumours are not very common so I wouldn't worry.