PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

looby1954
01-04-09, 11:26
Hi everybody this seems a great site, Ive suffered from panic attacks and agoraphobia for a long time I feel like a prisoner in my own house, I'm on fluxetine and diazepam. I have been on 20mg of fluxetine for a year and the doctors upped them to 40mg i did'nt like taking them so i have just recently in the last 3weeks upped them, what i do is take 1 in the morning and 1 at bed time, but the 1 in the morning makes me really tired so im thinking about taking them both at bed time,i'm feeling a bit more anxious just now do you think its because ive increased my dose? I'm not really good at writing especially on computer lol can anbody tell me if they take them at bed time plz. Looby

Southern_Belle
01-04-09, 15:38
Hi Lobby,

Welcome to NMP. I think the American name is Prozac and when I tried it I was so shaky I couldn't hold a cup and my heart raced like crazy. So instead of making me tired it speeded me up. Odd how some people react to meds differently. Stating all of the above I can't say what I would do except perhaps call your doctor and ask them. I do hope you feel better soon and you will get a lot of advice and support here.

Take care,

Laura

kittykat
01-04-09, 16:45
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support on here, i'm sure there are loads of folks on here that can help you with your meds,the chatroom is very good as well, take care xx

suzy-sue
01-04-09, 22:40
:welcome: Hi and Welcome to NMP,you will get lots of support here ,and theres some good information on the left of the page ,on the main menu.An increase in meds will nearly always cause drowsiness and increased anxiety,but it does wear off when the dose adjusts in your system, All the best Sue x

looby1954
02-04-09, 13:20
Thanks everyone for there help many thanks Looby xx

sunshine-lady
02-04-09, 19:14
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx