PDA

View Full Version : Swollen Cervical Gland in neck

Corye20
01-04-09, 13:53
Would extreme stress cause this gland to become enlarged, I have OCD and one thing I do is check my glands constantly, would poking at it cause it to enlarge? It's not tender, but much larger than the one in the other side of my neck. All other glands seem fine (arm pits and groin). Or could this be HIV or Cancer?

LisaLisa
01-04-09, 14:02
Hi

It was explained to me that your immune system is always working away to protect you and if you are stessed is has to work harder. If the gland is huge then a dr is isnt going to mind checking you im sure. But my friend who is a dr told me that glands come up and down all the time cos they are just doing their job and they were not made just for serious illness!

It sounds like its just doing its job, probably dealing with some little bacteria from something that you would not even be aware of or need to be if it wasnt for health anxiety!

Lisa

xx

Sarahlouz
01-04-09, 18:10
I ask a very similar question the other day. I have a lump in my neck that seems to go up and down by the hour. I only noticed it a few weeks ago during which time I also had a headache for about 5 days which has since gone. My problem is I think I also have a lump in my groin but I might be imagining this as the other side is very lumpy too. I wondered if stress related as I have been very stressed for a few months now with issues at work.