PDA

View Full Version : reassurance P-L-E-A-S-E

Stressed32
01-04-09, 18:13
HELP>>>>my mind is playing games with me today and my anxiety is back in full force...I can't even get my work done today and my chest is tight again, hurts to swallow and breath! My fear like lots of you is HIV. I had a neg. test in 07 and normal bloodwork 2 weeks ago AND a bout of phenomnia that went away without a hospital visit in 3 days! However, yesterday I got some lab work back that said my progestrone levels are low and I have a hormone imbalance. Now I am quickly spinning into my HIV hole again...please help me out here guys.

Please tell me I am right in that if I had HIV my white blood cells would have been wacky enough to warrent further testing when I had my complete blood count done just 2 weeks ago as it would have been over a year since my mistake. Also, please tell me that I am logical to remember that when I had phenomnia, my white blood count was high fighting that infection....a great indicator of a working immune system not one wreaked with HIV.

Please remind me of how small the odds are that I even contracted this to begin with...please remind me that all of this anxiety not my body's way of warning me that something dreadful is wrong....please tell me something and tell me that hormone imbalance is not a symptom of HIV!

Blot
01-04-09, 21:54
Hi, You are logical in your thought process with regard to the blood results!
Your white cells would be high bc of the pneumonia - they are doing their job!!!!! HormOne imbalances are def not due to HIV!

Hang in there!!xxx

Stressed32
02-04-09, 00:58
God bless you. Thanks for your response as it is the only one all day :)

robertz
02-04-09, 08:45
hope you feel better

LisaLisa
02-04-09, 09:38
HELP>>>>my mind is playing games with me today and my anxiety is back in full force...I can't even get my work done today and my chest is tight again, hurts to swallow and breath! My fear like lots of you is HIV. I had a neg. test in 07 and normal bloodwork 2 weeks ago AND a bout of phenomnia that went away without a hospital visit in 3 days! However, yesterday I got some lab work back that said my progestrone levels are low and I have a hormone imbalance. Now I am quickly spinning into my HIV hole again...please help me out here guys.

Please tell me I am right in that if I had HIV my white blood cells would have been wacky enough to warrent further testing when I had my complete blood count done just 2 weeks ago as it would have been over a year since my mistake. Also, please tell me that I am logical to remember that when I had phenomnia, my white blood count was high fighting that infection....a great indicator of a working immune system not one wreaked with HIV.

Please remind me of how small the odds are that I even contracted this to begin with by having unprotected sex once with a low risk guy who is as healthy as an ox....please remind me that all of this anxiety not my body's way of warning me that something dreadful is wrong....please tell me something and tell me that hormone imbalance is not a symptom of HIV!

YOU!

HA HA wheres that rational mind!!

You can do it honestly dont let that little anxiety thing tell you otherwise!

NEGATIVE TEST NEGATIVE TEST NEGATIVE TEST :)

Lisa
xx

Blot
02-04-09, 13:46
Hi there, how are you feeling today? Hope you are having a great day!

Bless you

Stressed32
02-04-09, 15:40
Hi guys, thanks so much for your replies. I woke up this AM feeling really good. My Dr. put me on Progestrone 2 days ago b/c that was the hormone that was low and today I really am feeling good. I have no idea what got into me. Looking back at my original post, I can giggle at myself and the stae of mind I was in....it is funny now to see how my mind was working, or not working properly. This site has saved my sanity. Thanks Lisa for your returned support and to you Blot for kind words.