PDA

View Full Version : Interviewed by Ruby Wax.

belle
01-04-09, 18:46
About 3 months ago i was contacted through my youtube page by the BBC to go to London and be interviewed by Ruby Wax. Of course being practically housebound that was not possible, so they came up with the idea of doing the interview via Skype.

The interview is now up online, although i can't bring myself to watch it :blush:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/headroom/rubys

:)

finny12000
01-04-09, 19:01
well done belle you were excellent confident and came across real well describing your illness.
maybe a career in front of cameras awaits lol x

fairyloveheart
01-04-09, 19:16
That video is exellent, well done Belle! xxx I can't believe you think you are ugly, you are so pretty!
I hope they paid you for your slot!

spaced
01-04-09, 19:16
:yesyes: wow what a great interview well done:yesyes:

lorac
01-04-09, 19:25
Sarah that was brilliant well done you did so well.

Carol

amandaj
01-04-09, 19:38
well done not sure i could of done that your very brave

bottleblond
01-04-09, 19:45
Well done gal :yesyes:
You did a fabulous job Sarah! I loved what you said about KNOWING nothing bad is going to happen to you but your bodies reaction tells you different. I so understand that one.

You were great!!
Lisa
xxx

:bighug1:

Jaco45er
01-04-09, 19:51
Well done Belle, that was really good.

Interesting though Ruby's comments (I think Ruby is ace btw) about meds not used much these days in favour of CBT.

I don't think that's the case, in my experience a GP is quick to offer meds because of a shortage of CBT spaces and long waiting lists.

The whole thing about facing your fears is spot on though, I know I got shouted down by a so called professional here not so long back for saying so, but facing the fear, again and again is one way forward.

Anyway, it was fantastic Belle, well done :)

suzy-sue
01-04-09, 19:53
:hugs: Well done Sara you were brill.We have a celeb in our midst now folks! :yahoo: Luv sue

Vanilla Sky
01-04-09, 20:02
Well done ! And you are very pretty, you should show that face to the world more !! Love Paige x

belle
01-04-09, 20:22
Thanks everyone.

For some reason i didn't feel nervous doing it, i felt instantly calm and at ease even though i was speaking to a "celeb".

After the interview had finished there were so many things i wish i had mentioned but they slipped my mind at the time.

Perhaps i might watch it - one day...lol!

x

PoppyC
01-04-09, 21:20
Hi Belle!:)
What a good interview and I love that site - I never knew it existed. I too suffer with agoraphobia.
You really came across well on it, very confident and what you said I can easily relate to - I would have been a nervous wreck!
I will go back to watching some of the other videos on the site.
You should be really proud of yourself ! Well done! :yesyes:

kittykat
01-04-09, 22:00
Just wanted to say well done, you came across very clearly, there's no way I could have done that, be proud of yourself xx :yesyes:

Piglet
01-04-09, 22:39
Hey I really enjoyed watching that, especially since agoraphobia is the end result of my panic attacks too.

My first panic attack was in a public place and I now wonder if that has any connection. I wonder if it would have made any difference if it had happened at home. Probably not - anyway I digress, Belle that was super interview, well done hun. :yesyes:

I went on to watch some of the other interviews too - a splendid idea. The more attention we draw to these issues the better. Then everyone can see we are all just ordinary individuals (well each of us is special and unique) not 3 headed monsters are we. Mental health issues can strike anyone right across the board and I think that showed on the little videos.

Thanks for bringing the site to my attention cos I found it really interesting.:yesyes:

Love Piglet :flowers:

Patty
02-04-09, 08:17
Hi Belle, :hugs:

I have just watched your interview - it was fantastic!! :yesyes:

WELL DONE!! :yesyes:

Best wishes xx :bighug1:

PUGLETMUM
02-04-09, 09:55
:yahoo: sarah, that is amazing!!!!! i love ruby wax, how as a depression sufferer she is determined to keep mental health issues in the public eye instead of ignoring it - and as usual you were brill on camera - i think you should watch it and try and see what everyone else can - you will recover sarah, you have all your future to be with your son - although youve lost stuff with him, its never ever too late, and the one thing you do have together is love and thats worth more than anything, im so pleased that you were involved with this and you should be proud like everyone else has said of how confident and calm you were:yahoo:

claire m
02-04-09, 14:21
wow thats was really good sarah, you got the feelings of agoraphobia across really well.

mingsy
02-04-09, 16:52
:yahoo: Well done Belle,
What a great explanation of what alot of us feel, go ahead and watch your interview, and feel very proud of yourself:yahoo:

sunshine-lady
02-04-09, 19:00
Well done Sara :yesyes:

You really did yourself proud and as a fellow agoraphobic, I think you put 'our' side over very well.

I watched a few of the other videos on there and thought they were very informative too. Ruby Wax is doing great for promoting mental health issues.

xxxx

diane07
02-04-09, 19:35
Belle,

Theres no way i could have done that...........well done you.
You were brill and explained the feelings of agoraphobia so well.

di xx

kashameets
15-04-09, 02:47
i thought you were really good, well done:yesyes: oh and i want your dog :winks: looks like my suki