PDA

View Full Version : Hiya Folks

Rosie
01-04-09, 20:29
Hiya everyone, im 61 with chronic Osteoathritis, ive had both hips replaced and my left shoulder joint replaced, i have this orrible disease in most of my joints, and it does get me down with the constant pain everyday. I dont know if this has anything to do with my "cancer fear". 15 years ago i had abnormal cells taken off my cervix as did both my daughters, if i can remember right it does seem to have got bad since then, now everything is cancer, any lump , bump, pain, ache, anywhere is cancer. My friend has just found out her Meyloma levels have risen, so i did what i shouldnt have done and trawled the internet to see what this meant, by the time i had finished i had the same symptoms as her :unsure: I also have depression which is awful, ive done a CBT course online, it helped for a while, but i feel really on my own in all this.

Thanks for reding my post :)

Laura xx
01-04-09, 21:20
Hi Rosie

Welcome to NMP! I can only sympathise with what you go through on a daily basis, my father in law also has chronic Osteoathritis, but he cannot have any joint replacements because he has chronic diabetus and heart problems so he is now full time in a wheelchair - but the pain he goes through is awful to see.

I can also relate to your health anxiety starting when you had abnormal cells removed from your cervix - this is also when mine started and my biggest fear is "cancer" and has been since I had them removed. But I mean "cancer" anywhere in my body.

This month it's been in my liver, pancreas and stomach :-( I don't actually know where I will have it next month!

You will find lots of support at these forums (I find the "Health Anxiety" forum really helpful) and don't forget there is a chat room also.

Take care

Rosie
01-04-09, 21:25
Thanks Laura, i think i shall like this forum....Speak soon

suzy-sue
01-04-09, 22:31
Welcome toNMP Rosie,Youll find lots of help and support here ,and youll make some new friends along the way.luv Sue:welcome: :hugs:

kittykat
01-04-09, 23:01
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support on here, the health anxiety forum is my lifeline most days, I suffer from really bad back pain (arthritis and degenerative disc disease) but i'm always thinking it's cancer related, the chatroom is very good as well to take your mind off things for , take care xx

Southern_Belle
01-04-09, 23:55
Hi Rosie,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will be able to relate how you are feeling and will give their support.

Take care,

Laura

Rosie
02-04-09, 12:07
Thanks everyone, what a nice welcome, i would have been in earlier but my password wasnt accepted even though i used it to register last night :unsure:

I seem very tired today as if ive not slept, but ive had a good 7 hours, im going to chill out as the house is empty and have a look around :)

Speak soon :)

sunshine-lady
02-04-09, 19:15
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

Patty
04-04-09, 16:04
Hi Rosie, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers: