PDA

View Full Version : Doing absolutely nothing!!!!

eeyorelover
01-04-09, 21:10
In the past 2 weeks or so I've gone from doing well in school, my full time job, taking care of my ailing Grandmother, and keeping up with the house and kids to having no energy at all to do anything!

The house is a mess!
I'm behind in my homework!
I'm even finding it hard to stay awake during the day!
All I want to do is sleep!!!!!!

Part of the issue is that I've been on the waiting list for the nursing program for 2 years and just found out that I'm still not high up enough on the list to get in this year!!

It just seems so fruitless to put forth the effort required when I see no light at the end of the tunnel!
I feel like I'm going to be in college forever and being surrounded by 19 year olds isn't helping at all!!!
LOL

I just want the energy I had back!

I feel like my life has just come to a halt and even though I know I needed a break, I didn't want it to be a breakdown!!!

I've been trying to kick myself in the butt to get back into the swing of things but nothing holds any interest for me!
There is no joy or fulfillment everything just feels so flat!
God that makes absolutely no sense does it??!

My grades are slipping.
I'm supposed to be helping my Gram and I'm not doing a very good job so I'm feeling guilty!
I'd be embarrassed if anyone showed up at my house and saw it like this!

I've had people tell me how proud they are of me because of everything I'm accomplishing and I feel like I'm letting everyone down!
Especially myself!!!!!

*Sigh*
xxx
Sandy

Piglet
01-04-09, 21:49
Sandy you are letting no one down and most certainly not yourself.

I have some affirmation cards and one of them seems quite apt for how you feel at present.

"Your best is changing all the time"
"Your best will depend on whether you are refreshed in the morning or tired at night. Your best will be different when you are happy as opposed to upset, or healthy as opposed to sick.
Just do your best with any given circumstance and avoid self judgement, self abuse and regret.

I say again you are letting no one down in the least. You may just need a little time out to set some new goals and take stock that's all - plus a nice dose of tender loving care. Remember to look after yourself as kindly as you would a mate.

Love Piglet :flowers:

diane07
01-04-09, 22:47
Sandy,

All i can say is stop expecting too much from yourself.
I think it is wonderful that you are trying to accomplish this, i as a home carer know how wonderful it is what you are trying to achieve, don't despair............please hang in there.

And so people should be proud of you but more importantly you should feel very proud of yourself.

Housework............ i beat myself up about it all the time if its not perfect it bothers me.............. why...................who cares, my friends and family wouldn't, they call to see me.

Stick with it hun, it will always come good in the end.

So pick yourself up and dust yourself down hun, you can only do what you are able to............no expectations

take some time out

di xx

suzy-sue
01-04-09, 23:01
You sound like you are doing too much and expecting too much from yourself,You are not superwoman.I dont know how you do what you do all the time ,Write a list of priorities for the day and do what you can. Tommorow s another day,You deserve a good pat on the back & a bit of me time. So be kinder to yourself ,:bighug1: and think what you would say if someone else wrote this post.TAKE CARE LUV SUE:hugs:

Southern_Belle
02-04-09, 00:15
Hi Sandy,

Perhaps all the stress has finally caught up with you and your body is trying to tell you that you need to rest. I can imagine your disappointment that the nursing program is going to take a bit longer so maybe it will give you more time to get other things in order. I know that you take excellent care of your Grandmother so please never feel guilty about the care you give. As for your housework (and this is from an former OCD cleanfreak) it will still be there tomorrow and the next day too. All of us Moms know that the laundry is never done, nor the dishes, nor the dust, etc., etc., etc., Forget about it!

Everyone is proud of you not because of what you do but because of who you are. Please be easier on yourself and never feel guilty about what you don't do because what you do is always enough!

Love,

Laura