PDA

View Full Version : Ent appt in 3 weeks for pulsitile tinnitus

countrygirl
01-04-09, 23:09
Saw my GP today to explain how panic stricken I was about this constant hissing hearbeat in my left ear and worrying that its being caused by a dangerous vascular condition ( joys of googling). she did seem a bit exasperated with me for once again asking to be referred for tests to rule something I am worried about out but I did point out that me being in a state of panic would not help my blood pressure which is still a bit high 154/85 which is not normal for me.

She did say that the dangerous vascular causes of this tinnitus are rare but rare does not mean never as far as I am concerned.

Next hurdle is hoping the ent surgeon will do the nec tests needed to rule out the vascular conditions I am worried about.

NoPoet
01-04-09, 23:58
Hi, forget Google, it's like researching the history of British politics by reading back issues of The Sun. It's unrealistic, scare-mongering and a load of old crap, but strangely addictive.

Tinnitus is not regarded as something to be afraid of, it's annoying rather than hurtful.

A single blood pressure measurement of 154/85 suggests a high level of stress. My dad suffers from hypertension and his blood pressure is always in the 140s. I cannot believe your blood pressure would naturally be higher than his. :)

antrob1000
02-04-09, 08:30
I also had tinnitus in my right ear and I worried myself sick taht it was something serious after googling it. It just turned out to be a build up of ear wax.