PDA

View Full Version : correlation between panic attacks and allergies

south450
02-04-09, 03:19
Does anyone believe allergies can cause panic attacks.
http://www.respiratoryreviews.com/sep02/rr_sep02_panic.html
Can you post your experiences with this

Nicola_lou
02-04-09, 13:16
I have heard that but my doctor has never done one, and he checked everything else,
I got ibs and keep an eye on what I eat so when I go bard I can say it was that. But my ppanic is ramdom so I don't think I have a wheat alergy or anything.

angel 2
03-04-09, 06:56
Hi I don't know if it's correct but I do believe that alot of things can affect you. Allergies and infections also. I've experienced two bad bouts of anixety and panic, shaking and it was a tooth infection. Removed ....felt better.

fairymary
04-04-09, 09:13
This has made me wonder, last year when I was having my worst ever panic attacks, I also had my worst ever ezcema. It kept me awake all night with the constant itching and scratching. I didnt think they were related, but now I am thinking perhaps they were. At the moment if I fell anxious or panicky I start scratching at my wrists, usually until they bleed. Is it because Ive got ezcema, or because I am anxious?

Stressed32
04-04-09, 16:01
I would agree...my allergies cause post nasal drip...I see it in the back of my throat every AM. This has caused HA that was very hard for me to manage a few weeks ago. The post nasal drip made me become obsessd with looking at my throat with a flashlight...then I saw small bumps at the rear and freaked. I Googled, read HIV and was about ready to just kill myself convinced I had it...all because of a little pollen....sounds funny now that I look back. I do think a person has to already be prone to over worrying 1st for there to be a link...I mean how many people do you know that actually put a light in their mouth ya know?