PDA

View Full Version : Hi - I'm new :)

blonde_panic
02-04-09, 22:01
Hi,

I am new to this site, but am already finding it useful by reading other's experiences in the forums, it's nice to know I'm not alone.

I started suffering from panic attacks just over 10 years ago when I was 16, but after a few weeks they went away, until now. The started up again a couple of months ago and are even worse than before. I am getting married in May so I presume this is the trigger. I am on propranolol, which helps but not fully, so this week I have started hypnotherapy, fingers crossed it'll work! The panic attacks mainly affect my heart rate, breathing and digestive system and often occur in the evenings but tend to be out of the blue. I also find I panic in social situations which scares me as I don't want to be house bound and I'm dreading my hen night next week!

suzy-sue
03-04-09, 00:06
Hi and Welcome to NMP youll find lots of help and support here.Have a brilliant hen night Luv Sue:welcome:

diane07
03-04-09, 13:01
A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

best wishes

di xxx

kittykat
03-04-09, 13:49
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support on here that helps a lot, take care xx

Sparrow
03-04-09, 14:16
Hey there.
I've had panic disorder for a year now, and my most recent treatment has been hypnosis. I've been going for 2 months, and I can honestly tell you that it has made a difference. Keep it up!! One of my biggest triggers has been social environments too, I know how horrible it is.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Take care of yourself. XXX

Southern_Belle
03-04-09, 22:13
Hi Blonde Panic,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will be able to relate how you are feeling and will give their support.

Take care,

Laura

sunshine-lady
05-04-09, 00:16
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

Patty
05-04-09, 08:31
Hi Blonde_panic, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers: