PDA

View Full Version : Headband Pain!!

KAREN L
03-04-09, 11:10
Hi

Been using this site for a few years i think it's great, it's so reassuring to speak to people with the same awful feelings and symptoms.:)

I have been battling anxiety on and off for 5 years now but have a new symptom that i've never had before - Headband pain...

I can't find much reference on here about it, does anyone else get this?

It started a few days ago and it's at the back of my head, it's like a squeezing pressure and is not always present just on and off during the day and lasts for about 10 seconds at a time.

Please anyone, have you had this before, it's really frightening me :weep:

countrygirl
03-04-09, 12:25
I get the same prodding squeezing sensation in both temples and sometimes at top of nose - its not a pain exactly but incredible sensations as if someone is poking me with their finger or a continuous pressure like being pressed by a finger. I have had this intermittantly for about 15 years and go through bad phases usually when I am very anxious and my neck is bad ( I do have damage to my neck as well) but anything from anxiety to arthritis in your neck will tense the muscles up and cause all sorts of sensations - sometimes it feels as if I have large insects crawling over my scalp as well:shrug: I have had endless scans and tests over the years and as of last summer when I had my alst brain mri these sensations were not caused by brain tumour or ms or anything.

cheekycharlie
03-04-09, 15:32
sounds like a tension headache to me. Just have a nice relaxing bath before bed, cut out things like alcohol etc... and try have some nice early nights if thats at all possible. Sure they will soon go when you try & relax a bit more. x

KAREN L
03-04-09, 16:17
Thank you cheeky charlie i think u maybe right as its not painful just tight. xx

Thanks countrygirl your reply has helped me too try and relax. Its a weird sensation though - not painful just feels like someones squeezing the inside of my skull but its not constant just every now and again, very strange. xx

raphael
03-04-09, 17:02
hi had this - read claire weeks she has a bit about it very very common x

KAREN L
04-04-09, 09:47
Thanks raphael
Whats the book title?
xx

Rhian_78
04-04-09, 11:06
i get this too, in my temples and across the bridge of my nose and in my eyes. its all stress related and when i dont think about it it isnt there.

i also get ear ache and jaw ache on one side when its really bad

hugs xxx