PDA

View Full Version : Hi

enigmatique
03-04-09, 11:25
Hi,
I'm 23, female, and I started suffering anxiety and panics after a bereavement and other stressful events around 6 months ago. I suffer from HA and intermittent agoraphobia. I have started CBT but only had one session and can't be seen again for nearly 6 weeks so I'm a bit on my own :(

I have 'real' (i.e. not inflated by my HA!) musculoskeletal problems affecting my back and legs, which sometimes makes me a bit depressed. I also have currently some dodgy stomach probs which the GP thinks is IBS but I'm not so sure (that probably IS the HA :doh:) and my main HA fears are all abdominal-related, usually cancer.

I've found it really useful reading this site and finding out there are other people like me! It makes me more able to believe that many of the problems I have are truly anxiety related and not some horrible disease.

Thanks for reading!

enig x

diane07
03-04-09, 11:45
Hi Enig,

A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Just keep posting and we'll help you all we can

best wishes

di xx

kittykat
03-04-09, 13:52
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support on here that helps a lot, i too sufferred a loss 6 mths ago and also have back problems which affects my mobility so can understand what you've been going through , the chatroom is also very good, take care xx

Sparrow
03-04-09, 14:22
Hey there
One of the worst things for me about this disorder is that constant belief that there is something terribly wrong with me (my main worry is brain cancer), so I feel for you too. I also have a huge fear of people and strange places....and don't get out much these days.

You take care of yourself ok? I have found really good information and comfort through this site, and it feels better to know I'm not alone either!!

:-)

Southern_Belle
03-04-09, 22:15
Hi Enig,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will be able to relate how you are feeling and will give their support.

Take care,

Laura

sunshine-lady
05-04-09, 00:14
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

Patty
05-04-09, 08:33
Hi Enig, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

enigmatique
05-04-09, 15:47
Thanks for the welcome everyone :)