PDA

View Full Version : Will this ever kick in?

Peppercat
03-04-09, 14:17
I know it is good to be patient, but I am losing my patience!!!! I have been on sertraline for four weeks, from 50 to 75 to 100 - I have had the most awful side effects - which are now subsiding, but I still feel no better, perhaps the anxiety is better, but it was such a bad side effect I have forgotton what I was like before I took sertraline. Certainly the depression is no better..... I came off of cipralex, which I had no result with, and I really expected something to happen with sertraline. I am seeing my consultant on Monday (he was optimistic I'd feel better when side effects reduced) and am scared he will change meds, and I will have to go through all the side effects again.
Is it possible I will feel some changes soon or is this yet another non-runner?

Mooky
03-04-09, 19:24
Hi Peppercat

Hang in there.
It does take AGES to kick in. I started on a spoonful of liquid Sertraline for a couple of months, to get me used to it. Then I have been on 50mg, for a while, up to 75mg and back to 50mg again. Currently I am having 2 months of 25mg once a day, then the same amount every 2 days to try and get me off them.

I seem to remember every time I upped or decreased a dose, I would feek "strange" for a while. I think they take such a long time to get going. I have been on them for Anxiety - mostly health related. Have you had any side effects?

Mooky:)

Peppercat
03-04-09, 22:34
Hi, I'm taking the Sertraline for anxiety & depression, you ask about side effects!! My consultant put me on 50mg, then 75mg & then 100mg all in 3 weeks!!! My side effects were horrendous, mainly increased anxiety - panic attacks, which I don't normally have & one day sleeping & the next all twitchy - not eating .....Luckily I did have some Lorazepam to help me through. The last few days the side effects have faded, and I am really waiting for an improvement in my mood, I just felt like crying all day at work today - my anxiety was not bad at all, but I would loved to have a little lift in my emotions. Ah well thanks for the reply I hope your program of meds is improving your quality of life, I wish you well, we have to remember we are not alone in our suffering.
Peppercat

brady
11-12-09, 02:22
Iv been on 50mg for about 4 or 5 weeks they just dont seem to be working at all. Should i go see my GP and get my dose bumped up ?

Panic33
11-12-09, 17:56
It took me just over 6weeks before I saw any improvement, I was up'd from 50 to 100mg in that time 2. I had terrible side effects, everything got 100 times worse when I started taking them. I now fee normal 99% of the time, so I do think they work but I'm convinced the reason I don't feel EXACTLY myself is due to the medication.