PDA

View Full Version : CBT

bishops
03-04-09, 14:23
at last im going to get some and soon thanks to my GP . Ive read loads of good things about it and i just hope that along with the meds this is going to make a big differance to me. I think today has been one of the worst , had a mother of all PA today thought i was going to pass out, now i feel like ive had 3 rounds with Tyson knacked (IS THAT NORMAL) my legs feellike jelly ,and i so want to get out but afraid i will pass out. What i have noticed is that after taking my meds i have a good few hours, its only 9 days and belive it can up to 2 to 4 weeks before they really kick in. Seems like im doing a lot of posting on here please dont get fed up with me, but i find it really helps:)

diane07
03-04-09, 14:28
Aww bishops

lets hope the cbt works a treat for you, i know what you mean about the three rounds with tyson, it does take it out of you having a PA, i wish you the best of luck and keep us posted on how it all goes.

best wishes

di xx

bishops
03-04-09, 14:39
Thanks Diane07, im going to try the shops now "one small step for man but a giant leap " for me at the moment.

nicros
04-04-09, 14:36
Hi Bishops,
I have suffered from GAD and panic attacks for years now and I had CBT last year it was fantastic. I realised the thing I was most afraid of was dying or fainting in public and scaring my kids. The feelings I had when I panicked were the usual light headedness, pounding heart, weak, legs like jelly, over breathing etc. When this feeling starts you think 'this is it I'm going to faint or worse' and then the feeling gets worse until your exhausted and it takes about 3 days to feel normal again. Anyway they taught me that this feeling was just my 'fight or flight' and it was unharmful and normal. I would not faint or die if this happened and it was my body actually 'being in control' but just over reacting to the situation rather than me being out of control. Once I realised this was true I stopped having panic attacks, I do still get anxious but not like I did when I didn't know what was happening to me. Loosing that fear has enpowered me loads and even on a bad day I know I can do things like go to events etc. Good luck with it all and feel free to talk to me , love Nic. P.S. my panic attacks started when I was first diagnosed with Asthma as I couldn't control my breathing well and also my mum died when I was 18 this is what started the fear about something happening to me and leaving my children. :yesyes: