PDA

View Full Version : referral question

worriedem
03-04-09, 14:57
hi all.

i have my outpatient apt next tuesday, i got a letter saying can i bring a urine sample anyone know why they would want that??? i am going cos of bleeding after bm docs reckon from fissure but i am so worried they have referred me, now worrying about why they would ask for urine??

also askex me to use 2 suppositories an hour before going! has anyone had an apt dealing with this area am just wandering what they would do and how far up they re going to look!! its taken everything i have to stay calm but it makes me feel sick even thinking about what they may find :(
xxx

cheekycharlie
03-04-09, 15:29
its really common for you to take urine samples to apotiments. Don't worry about what they are testing for, I am sure its all ok, they quite often ask for a sample. xxx

nomorepanic
03-04-09, 16:57
Have they told you that they are going to do a sigmoidoscopy at all?

Have they given you the suppositories to take?

I get told to take a urine sample on every letter I get from the hospital and I ignore it cos they don't want it really.

I am sure they want yours just to test it and make sure you don't have a bladder infection.

worriedem
03-04-09, 17:21
i dont have any bladder issues so was wandering whether they really want it?

They have given me 2 suppositories to take an hour before the appointment, they have not said they will be doing a sigmoidoscopy, my gp just said they will have a look a bit further up for you but i would have thought they would tell me before the appointment if it was going to be a sig????

Captain America
03-04-09, 18:46
yeah they'd have told you. i think a sig requires an enema too and not just suppositories. at least mine did.

they're probably just going to have a look in the lower half, like a few inches just to confirm the presence of a fissure. no sweat!

CJH86
03-04-09, 19:01
Hi, im seeing a cardiologist on wed and they have asked me to do the same thing.....i have an idea it may be down to random screening for diabetes as theyve asked for the sample to be taken one or two hours after food, so they must be testing for glucose in urine