PDA

View Full Version : My Diary Effexor - just started

tommy1982
04-04-09, 01:22
Hi

I have suffered with GAD, and OCD for 5 years on and off, what normal happens is i have like a anxiety breakdown for month then taktes a couple of months to get normal again, however this time around health anxiety has made it linger for six months.

So i decided an ssri is the route to go, my doc gave me effexor, this isi going to be my diary i am on day 3, it is worrying reading about people trying to get off this drug, my doc said i should take it for a year, however i wont worry abotu that now.

If it helps my anxiety it would be amazing.

my dose

week 1
1x 37.5mg tab, i chew them the doc said thats ok as i cant swallow pills

week 2 and first month
2 x 35mg tab

after first month
i ramp up to 75 mg tabs 2 a day

day 1.
as soon as i took the first pill i fealt soo tired and drained, and pupils shot open really wide

day 2.
still tired but relaxed, had a good night sleep as i took 2 mg of valium

day 3
still a little tired, but not really anxious

i saw stars for a second today but apart from pupils and tiredness no other side effects yet!

tommy1982
05-04-09, 04:51
day 4

over was a busy day for me today, was out and about got tired for a period but much more energy now

not other real side effects

apart form a sexual one!!! not being able to climax hopefully this comes back

so far so good

tommy1982
06-04-09, 03:07
day 5

didnt feel too tired today at all, seems like i keep doing things, visiting friends, going to see people

i think its working

so far so good, dont really feal anxious at all seems like im enjoying life.

tommy1982
07-04-09, 04:35
day 6 over and done with

seems like im happy, and always want to do something dont want to sit at home want to go out and be with people all day long

deb141
07-04-09, 07:50
Hi Tommy
I am on week 4 of Venlafaxine and have to say i hardly have any side effects accept the odd day where i feel tired. I generally feel much better but every now and again have a day where i am terribly anxious. Its still early days for me and i think the doc may up my dose, but i like this drug far better than citalopram which made me feel rubbish so i am gonna hang on in there.
Keep up with your diary, it will be interesting to see how you get on.

tommy1982
08-04-09, 01:44
aww thanks deb, glad its working for you!

today was day 7, tomorrow i go onto 2 tabs a day, again i chew the tabs

one in the mornign and one in the evening both 37.5 mg

i was a bit anxious today, but it went have to keep remembering im not cured and its ok to get anxious

so far so good!

loads and loads of energy, fealt tired at one point but that was it!

tommy1982
09-04-09, 00:41
day 8

took 2 pills today fealt a bit sicky today

second pill made me a bit tired

but wasnt that bad of a day was out at the beach walking even had a date!

tommy1982
10-04-09, 03:25
day 9

went good, even went on a date with a girl i really clicked with

no real side effects fealt tired after work that was it!

didnt really feel like eatting much, last night i did toss and turn however took a d2 to put me asleep

tommy1982
11-04-09, 11:24
day 10

Day time was great out all day on a 2nd date

in the evening however fealt bored have some stuff going on in my life, have worken this morning anxious

tommy1982
12-04-09, 11:26
day 11

woke up extremely anxious, also very sore troat think i got a cold

anxious all day long and very tired went to bed about 9 pm, fealt myself reaching to get sick but didnt, getting hot sweats after that, dont want to get out of the bed its 11 30 am now

i dont know if its the pills or im sick

tommy1982
12-04-09, 20:28
went to the doc i picked up a troat infection, so thats why i had such a bad night, now i will be mixing antibiotics and effexor ! hope its not too much fun! !

tommy1982
13-04-09, 12:45
so yesterday was day 12

very hard in the morning as i had such a bad night, however that was down to the troat infection

in the evening after seeing the doc fealt very calm, fealt great going to bed

i do have some issues with a new girl i have been seeing going on which i just finished with her, so that has been adding to my anxiety

its day 13 the morning and fealt anxious in bed but not too bad now i am up, so hopefully it will be a good day about to take my first med!

Will update later

deb141
13-04-09, 20:47
Good to see your still hanging on in there.

I have had my dosage increased to 150mg a day, i have to take a 75mg in morninig and another at night. I am worried about this but don't know why, anyway have had terribly anxious day. But this proves that my dosage needs to be increased as my doc says when you are on the right dosage you do not get anxious, he also says this is a really good drug for anxiety and severe anxiety. I am just starting week 5 so will see how i get on.

Every now and again i get heart palpitations, perhaps only once a fortnight, since starting these tabs which knocks me back for a day. Have you experienced this ?. I was wondering if its just old fashioned anxiety.

tommy1982
14-04-09, 00:54

I have had my dosage increased to 150mg a day, i have to take a 75mg in morninig and another at night. I am worried about this but don't know why, anyway have had terribly anxious day. But this proves that my dosage needs to be increased as my doc says when you are on the right dosage you do not get anxious, he also says this is a really good drug for anxiety and severe anxiety. I am just starting week 5 so will see how i get on.

Every now and again i get heart palpitations, perhaps only once a fortnight, since starting these tabs which knocks me back for a day. Have you experienced this ?. I was wondering if its just old fashioned anxiety.

Hey debs

i started off on 1 x 37.5 , now on 2 x 37.5 one in the morning and afternoon, in the hope to get up to 150 mg

only real side effects have been some tired days, yawning, pupils larger, no heart stuff, not yet anyone but its possible on this drug im sure

im feeling lots of positive stuff so it must be working, done so much last week that i normally wouldnt do, all my anxiety is not gone every day but im guessing 150mg for a couple of weeks only then will i get the full effects.

day 13

no anxiety at all today, apart from in bed

fealt bored kinda but its a 4 day holiday here back to work tomorrow looking forward to it!

tommy1982
15-04-09, 01:20
day 14

not a bad day at all, kinda anxious in bed, but was grand all day

also had a very stressfull evening, as im on effexor really for health anxiety having off balance and dizzyness on and off for six months, so i finally got my doctor to ok an MRI so i had that today

feel fine, get the results in 24 hours and the nurse who done it said "notting major jumped out"

tommy1982
16-04-09, 00:23
day 15

great morning, great day in work

feeling anxious this evening as getting mri results tomorrow :)

Please God they are all clear!

deb141
16-04-09, 18:52
Hey Tom

Glad to hear things are moving in the right direction. I am sure your MRI scan results will be fine, i too suffer with dizzy spells on off for ages now and i am sure its down to my anxiety.
I am now on 150mg effexor since monday and feel really good so far, i really hope this is drug that works !. I don't care about the withdrawal symptoms when i come off, its a long time in the future.
Keep posting Tom, its interesting to see how others get on.

tommy1982
16-04-09, 19:45
The results where all Clear Thank God

Day 16 is going wonderfull, however my doc says im staying on 75 mg now..

tommy1982
20-04-09, 12:42
day 17

day 18

day 19

all wonderfull, i was sooooo busy didnt really feel anxious at all seems like the meds are working

again im staying on 75 mg apartently

deb141
21-04-09, 19:56
Tom
Looks like we are the only ones on effexor !!!!. It does sound like the meds are working well for you and if your not feeling anxious then staying on 75mg is ok. I feel really good now on 150mg a day so i think i have found the right dose for me now, i just don't like taking two a day. i would rather take just one tablet but never mind, i just have to set a reminder on my phone !.
Anyway, keep it up and take care.

tommy1982
06-05-09, 03:40
ok so its over a month now, the meds are working wonderfull

no real side effects other than one or two sexual ones which only come when they want to

im happy , anxiety is limited most days i dont even notice it, amazed this seems to be working so so happy